cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import of Config Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have mismatch in one of the config table from DEV to PRD system. I would like to synchronize config existing in PRD to DEV system, What is the safest way of doing this?

One way i could think of is export and import. Do we have to check something while exporting from one DB to another?

Is there any other way ?

TIA.

Regards,

Priyank.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

do you mean a customizing table?

you should use SAP-tools, e.g. Tx SCMP or SCU0 (note 91096)

from db-technical point of view you can use oracle tools exp and imp for exporting and importing a table from one oracle-db to another.

But be aware, that all sap's depencies are ignored, so you have to know what you are doing!

lg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have already done comaprision of configuration using the transaction codes you have mentioned.

After doing comparision, I foud the difference in configuration entries between Production and Development system.

SPRO -> Material Management -> Inventory Management & Physical Inventory - > Output Determination -> Printer Detirmination -> Printer Determination by Plant/Storage Location.

I would like synchronize entries (Printer Determination by Plant/Storage Location) exitisting in DEV to be in Sync with Production environment. My question here is, How do i do this?

I was thinking of exporting table at DB level using export and import tools. But as you rightly mentioned it ignores all dependencies of SAP, i dont want to take risk in that and also TNAD7 is pool table.

One more way, i was thinkign of was to go to SPRO -> Material Management -> Inventory Management & Physical Inventory - > Output Determination -> Printer Detirmination -> Printer Determination by Plant/Storage Location and select all entries and include them in a transport request and apply the request in Development system.

Please let me know if you have any suggestion or different way of acheiving this. Thank You.

Regards,

Priyank.