cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to send samples to third party vendor for inspection when we do GR for Raw material.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you asking from a shipping perspective? I.e. labeling, packing, MSDS, and the related paperwork? Or are you asking from a QM perspective?

I would create a new inspection type called something like EXINSP and set it up as the preferred inspection type for 01 inspection origins for the materials where the sample is sent offsite. Set the avg. inspec. duration appropriately for the time it takes to receipt, pull sample, mail sample, get results back.

Then you can set up QA32/33 variants to show only those lots of inspection type EXINSP and you'll see what is out, due back soon, and overdue.

When the results come back, simply enter them like any other set of results.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Thank you for your reply

My question is i want to do some 5 tests( inspection operation) for the inspection lot created during GR of the Raw material from the vendor(Inspection type 01).In this 5 tests, some of the tests will be done by the external vendor.I need to send samples for those tests to the vendor.

How to map this scenario.Is it integerates with subcontracting process in MM?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No..there is no SAP functionality around sending samples for inspection out to external labs.

If this was for a an 03 inspection using a process/production orders you might be able to hijack the subcontracting process somehow there. But for raw material 01 inspections, no.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Now only way is that you can make use of long term characteristics.

For example there are 5 test u are doing & 3 is carried out externaly then activate indicator long term characteristics for this test . When u wll get back the results , enter those for this characteristics

Regards

Amol