cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment group field in Cutomer Master?

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what all will be the implication if I dont mention account assignment group in customer?

I can use some other criteria to determine revenue account in VKOA.

Please advise

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Account Assignment Field in Customer Master is for determining the required G/L account. If in T.Code VKOA, G/L account determination is based on one of the input being Account Assignment group of Customer, the transaction will successfully go upto Billing, but will not release to accounting.

Hope the above is helpful.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful

lakshminese2020
Explorer
0 Kudos

Where is this field in S/4 Customer master: customer account assignment group

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish

If in customer master, it is not maintained, the same will not flow into your billing and hence, Accounting Document CANNOTl not be generated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can use some other criteria but account assigment grp is used for reporting purpose in FI...

Reports t various levels can be generated well if u use it .... like a better way of transfer ... thats all

Yr FI colleages can understand this for their reporting purpose.

It is used for SD - Fi integration so that data can be transferred to Fi at minute level for better reporting

Reward if useful

Krishna

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

can you tell me what are all those Standard Fi reportings?

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us take the assumption that u did not use cust account grp in Cust master and directly posted using the Acck key .. i think the last table in VKoa (pl check once )... then

only value for key is posted and customer account posted via key 01..

Now if they send val;ues to controling also and want to see the detailed report of values for Cust and materuial wise then hoW ? since we have posted only for KEy ERL ...

Now for each cust .. u also have material in order .. the material may be export or domestic then how will u differentiate between export and import income for company ?

I hope i am able to get the point for understanding the importance of accnt assigmment grp.

Details of such reports r generated and analysed by Fico in COPA i think ...

so profitability for exports, Imports, intercompant - allied company sales and also materials based on exports only, domestic etc can be analysed in controlling and profitability analysis

Reward if helped

Krishna

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna I got the clarity

Ashish