cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger an integration process at a certain time each night.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an integration process to collect messages that I would like to trigger at a specific time each night. I looked at the Wait step in order to do this, but it looks like you can specify a fixed time, or a repeating time.

If I used 'Wait until Specified time', I could specify the time, but the date is a problem; I cannot fix it as a certain date because it will only work for that date only.

If I take the date from a field of the message, I'm not sure what will happen since it looks as if the date would be updated each time a message is received to the collective process.

I could take the date from the first message, and store it as a variable, then use that in the wait step, but since the date is not in the correct format, I would need to use xpath somehow to do that.

Alternatively I was thinking about using a wait for event step, and raising the event from a background job, but this only seems to be available in ABAP Workflow directly, not from the Integration Process Editor. Is it permissable to modify the generated ABAP Workflow and add a Wait for Event step to allow this to happen?

Does anybody have an opinion on the best way to proceed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the link below:

for scheduling your integration process

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/04/xi-do-you-realy-enjoy-clicking-and-waiting-while-tracing-bpm-steps

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Reference to first blog looks like a good solution, thanks!

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Messages needs to collect in IP, for this what is your source message and how you are triggering the source message to executon of the IP..,Provide the details abt source message.

The better way is schedule your source message as you wish.

If suppose you are going to collect the IDoc's.., then schedule that how you are going to be triggering the IDoc's.As per your scheduling that IDoc's are to be triggered and those messages would collected in IP.

Hope this will gives an idea to understand.

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

What is the trigger for the IP? Can you give some more details on the IP design?

I dont think editing the workflow would work.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

This will be a basic message collection IP so the start triggering will be the receiving of the first message to be collected.

It's the finish triggering that I am trying to figure out how to achieve.

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these

Polling based upon availability

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

REgards

Seshagiri