cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating a new field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying to create a new field "identification type" in a view. This field is existing as a attribute of "BuilIdNumber" object. Im able to add this as context node. But when i include this field in view, and launch webclient, this field is disabled, Can ne one help me on this. I have used the wizard for creating a context node.

Can ne one plz tell all the steps in detail that are to be carried to create a new context node and add attributes to this context node and make these attributes available in view.

Thanks in advance,

chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that you have a lock on BuilIdNumber node before you can hope to maintain any of its attributes in the UI.

Hope this will help you out!

Thanks,

Sudipta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also found same issue even though my field was bound.

Wizard was generating code in CONTEXT NODE CLASS and method : GET_YOURATTRIBUTE_NAME

value =

'XXXX not bound'."#EC NOTEXT

if iterator is bound.

current = iterator->get_current( ).

else.

current = collection_wrapper->get_current( ).

endif.

I changed it to

value = ' ' .

IT WORKED. You can try.

regards,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to make it enabled in webclient. My mistake was that when creating a context node thru wizard, we need to select the option " Always create an instance", which i was missing out.

By the way, can you plz explain what is"lock on BuilIDNumber node". I have no idea regarding this.

Now i have added two new attributes to a view. But now webclient is responding differently. I have added two new fields in "CreatePerson" view. After save it shud go to "DetailAccount" view, but after adding two new fields it is going to "SearchAccount" view. Any inputs regarding this??

Regards,

chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

Thanks for your reply. By doing as you said, making " value = ' ' ", you are actully making error display message that you were getting in the input field to NULL. Correct me if im wrong, It wont solve the actual problem i guess.

Regards,

chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m not sure, It solved my issue. Though I mapped context node attribute correctly still it was showing property readonly.

I have also come across the the solution which you found in different scenario(in iterator case where i was not creating the child object automatically)

regards,

Laxman

Edited by: laxman on Mar 24, 2008 5:00 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chandan,

If your field is disabled that means that your Object BuilIdNumber is not bound.

Check your node connection and creation.

Good Luck

Eli Steklov

Please Reward Points if it Helped