cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO in JCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am interested in finding a single sign on method for use with SAP JCO. Has anyone had experience with this, specifically with SAP Logon Tickets?

Thanks,

Tom Franklin

Deere & Company

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

You need to get the logon ticket in the form of cookies.

Then use "$MYSAPSSO2$" as the user name and the cookies as password to initiate the login.

So it would be like this:

[code]

// Create a client connection to a dedicated R/3 system

JCO.Client jcoClient = JCO.createClient(

client_number, //name

"$MYSAPSSO2$", //userid

theloginticket, //password

"EN", //language

HOST_NAME,

SYSTEM_NUMBER);

[/code]

Regards

Xueqing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xueqing

Any idea of how to get the logon ticket in the form of cookies. I am using tomcat as the web/app server and my backend systems are SAP R/3 and SAP BW.

Appreciate if you can advice.

Regards.

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike:

Check out the following link (which includes sample code):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e3c4a190-0201-0010-3aa0-95a...

- Rick Bullotta

ASM Manufacturing

SAP Labs, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

I guess the way to get the logon ticket in the form of cookies depends on which type of applications you are using.

The project I worked on was a BSP application. Once I setup the SSO settings in the backend system, the SSO cookie was automatically passed in the HTTP header.

Are you using portal or something else?

I can give you the steps to setup the backend systems if you need. For portal apps, I am not sure if these steps are still applicable. ( I have't done anything portal related yet).

Regards

Xueqing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xueqing

Greetings!

I am neither using the SAP Enterprise portal nor SAP WAS. I am using other J2EE App server, and I would require to get the SSO Ticket using JCO. Please let me know what are the steps that I need to perform on the backend Systems ( SAP R/3 and SAP BW).

Best Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Sorry for the late response. I was tied up with other stuff.

That's what I have done to use SSO.

For cFolders, once I setup SSO with SAP WebAS, the cookie was automatically created for the BSP. An applet was implemented to grab the cookis and pass it to a servlet, which was running on a J2EE Engine(Tomcat, WebLogic, etc).

The Servlet reused the cookie to make a connection to SAP backend system.

I don't know which client you are going to use to start your application, from SAPGUI or something else?

I think the key is to how to grab the cookie.

Let me know if you want to know the steps to configure SSO with SAP system.

Regards

Xueqing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for reviving this old thread.

Was wondering incase you ever managed to solve this? Do share your thoughts.Thanks.