cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start nwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one,

I have recently installed SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2 (ABAP+Java). SAP Management Console is working fine and indicating that instances are running (green color), however I am unable to sort out how to access Netweaver Administrator.

Documentation says http://host:port/nwa but I have tried all diffrent ports including the one I gave during installation at some stage (50010) but no use.

Please help me to get started with SAP Netweaver Administrator !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

default port is 50000 and admin username is j2ee_admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks My pleasure.

But just to add on to it.

I am 100% sure that if you have ABAP+java its ADMINISTRATOR

nad for JAVA alone its j2ee_admin.

not sure in your case any way you solved your problem for me its time to go homw i am off for teh day.

have a nice time.

kind Regards,

vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am as sure as I was about my password. Its SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2

and my installation included ABAP + Java and MI, however now I am trying to configure MI, please let me know what is the best way of doing this

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

After you install the NWDS, you have to install MI client specific to your release.

Then Goto Windows>Preferences> MI Development.

if you are using JSP runtime then configure for JSP else configure for AWT Runtime

JSP Runtime

MI Home Folder: <<This will be your MI Client Home folder>>

By default your Server settings will be

MI Server name : localhost

MI Webapp root : me

MI Webapp TCP root :4444

Command line to launch browser : cmd /C start iexplore

AWT Runtime

MI home folder: << This will be your MI Client Home folder >>

Regards,

Vamsi.

Edited by: vamsi koganti on Mar 20, 2008 7:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I think I have learned good from you...now the Link you sent refers to http://nwdemo:50000/me/WebConsole/login

but it gives error that page not found with the link back to Main page.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the following steps to enable MI:

1. Goto Deploy & Change from Administrator

2. Selected Template "MI Post Installation Process"

3. Given information asked in steps and Press Install button

But got the following Error: "Import not successful".

Details:

Element 'SAPConfigLib.ABC.Unclassified.set_Server_Service':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.ABC.Unclassified.set_Server_Service':Error during executing Java Reflection:JCO.Client not connected in repository call

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bilal,

What error are you getting. Also additionally what is your system number and are using complete hostname including the domain in the url?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my SID is 'ABC' and host name 'nwdemo'.

SAP Management Console is working fine. There was no icon for NW Administrator after installation, so I first started server from Console then opened browser to try to access NWA (trying diffrent ports, but didn't worked).

http://nwdemo:50010/nwa (show blank page)

http://nwdemo: <any port>/nwa (shows page not found)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And click on start wizard and it should bring up in an explorer and you can use that URL to login to NWA.

If you get an error message there after starting the izard please tell me what error message you are getting we can proceed from there.

Pleaseaward points if help ful.

Kind Regards,

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

port 50000 is working,

http://nwdemo:50000/nwa

but now its asking username / password.

I am not sure what username I need to give, I am trying the Master password I gave during installation !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the istallation is ABAP +Java the user is ADMINISTRATOR and the password is teh one you gave during installtion.

If the Java is separate installation teh user is J2EE_ADM and the password is the one you gave during installtion.

Dont Forget to reward points if you get a helpful answer.

Kind Regards,

vamsi.

Edited by: vamsi koganti on Mar 20, 2008 7:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying the

username: ADMINISTRATOR

password: <same as my Master password>

but still getting error message:

User authentication failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

user authentication failed in the scence you are giving wrong password.

try to give the right password as you gave during installtion.

if you forget the password you have to go to visual admin to change the password.

Kind Regards,

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have only installed SAP Netweaver 2004s SR2 (ABAP+Java), how can I access Visual Admin and reset password.

Although I am certain about password, but for the sake of attempt I can try to reset it !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

Thanks for your assistance and I have found the answer to my question through a tutorial and the correct username is:

j2ee_admin not ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks for your valueable time. I will bother you to configure SAP MI and perhaps let you earn some points

Cheers

Edited by: bilal ahmad on Mar 20, 2008 7:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

Administrator is for Java only while for ABAP+JAVA it is J2EE_ADMIN. Please try to be as close to facts as possible.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bilal,

The fact you were experimentig with ports sugests that you didnot look for basic information in the installation guide. The port in this case was always going to be 5XX00 where XX would be the system number.

Check this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c...

Regards.

Ruchit.