cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z code

former_member211104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends plz tell me in real time the sales org, company code, plant, sales documents these names are starting with “Z / Y” or we can give any name.

Regards

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi friends plz tell me in real time the sales org, company code, plant, sales documents these names are starting with “Z / Y” or we can give any name.

>

> Regards

> Shyam

HI Shyam,

In real time you can and should give names which makes sense for you business to COmpany Codes and Plants as these are Business entities and theses names need not be with Z/Y.

However regarding Sales Documents you should try to use a name with Z/Y and copy/change a standard as per your business need.

The rule of thumb is any Enterprise structure Element or Business entity should be named with a logical business name need not start with Z/Y like Sales Org Shipping point Plant Co Code Division Dist Channal and so on.

Whereas any non business standard SAP thing should be nammed preferably from Z to indicate that it is non Standard

Like Order Types, output type, Pricing Procedures and so on.

Reward if helpful

Regards

Abhishek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In most of the realtime cases the compnay code and other organisational elements will be numeric or alphanumeric.

(like 0001 or ES01)...

There are some naming convention every company follows, it is purely depends on client.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

In real time the Co. Codes can start with numerics or alphanumerics, Plant are normally used as numerics

i have came through clients which give the nos. that they would like to be called as like 7777 for plant and so on..

Sales org. r also used as numerics normallly.

while sales documents are used as Z or Y t-codes by creating a copy of std.

Scenario chages depending upon the clients

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

We can give any names as per our convenient we can give any code to sales order code.

Like we can have our own code to create sales order and so on it is fully customized.

Regards Point if helpful

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

The code for sales org, company code, plant need not start with Y or Z. We can use convienent naming convention. For Eg in the case of ABC Company:

Company Code: A001 - ABC Company

Sales Org: A001 - ABC Company

Plant: A001 - ABC Company

But in the case of Sales Document, we can Copy OR Normal Order type as ZOR or YOR, DR i.e Debit note as ZDR or YDR & so on.....

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.