cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file adapter conversion Error!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one....

I am stuck with a problem...in my scenario,, there are possiblities that file may contain more than required paramters... in such case,,, paramters defined in conversion should go ahead and others should be ignored...

for this very purpose i added the paramter:

row.fieldSeparator ,

row.fieldNames orderno,authcode,status

row.endSeparator 'nl'

row.additionalLastFields ignore

the scenario works fine if the file contains thrree comma separated values but it raises an error if no of paramters increase as :

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting 
document line no. 1 according to structure 'row':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration: more 
elements in file csv structure than field names specified!

we are using PI 7.... does it require some more configuration in additoin to paramter row.additionalLastFields

any help in this regard would be highly appreciated...

thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much gabriel for such quick response..... I dont know if we can upgrade to SP12,,,

the problem is adapter keep on reading the error file and does'nt read the other files,,, can we define no. of retries

for which adapter should try to read the error file and than proceed to next file....

further help would be of great help and appreciation

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI tries 3 times before changing the status of the message to System Error. One can Manually resend the error messages by using the RESEND button in RWB. In scenarios where XI was trying to send the message to an end system that was down for maintenance, you would want XI to resubmit the message automatically without human intervention. What would be nice is to able to tune the retries like IS_Retry which is available for Integration engine.

We can achieve this by changing the retry count used by the Adapter Engine, by default its set to 3 times, 5 minutes apart. This count can be changed in Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

Here change the number Retries parameter from 3 to 10 and change the retry retryInterval to around 10minutes. For these configuration changes to be picked up, restart SAP XI Adapter: XI.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

this parameter is already set, and this is the exact behavior i want from adapter engine... but the problem

here is different... the exception is raised at communication channel's conversion routine level,,, the retry

interval is not the one defined in visual admin but infact the interval (polling) time defined in communication

channel.... the system does'nt stop after 3 attempts,, but infact keep on trying to read it....

one peice of information i have found is in sap note:821267 , which states:

*Q35:*
Q: I have configured a File Sender channel with File Content
Conversion or a custom-developed module, which may throw an
exception. When the File Adapter encounters an invalid file, which
triggers a conversion error or an exception in a module, the
adapter will enter a retry interval and upon each following
processing attempt try to process the faulty file. This basically
prevents the File Adapter from picking up files that are located
after the fauilty file according to the configured sort order. How
can I change this behavior?
o A: This is by design. When the File Adapter encounters an invalid
file, manually remove this file from the configured source
directory. You can configure an alerting rule to get notified each
time this occurs.
We are currently evaluating possible solutions that could be used
to skip this manual interaction.

now can there be a way around to make communication channel read the file only 3 times (value defined in adapter engine profile in visual admin)

I have thaught of writing of module.... but the error is raised even before calling module !!

any further clue ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread , would raise the retry question in new thread after some more research

thank u all for helping me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

gabriel we are using... pi 7 SP9... as told by basis lad.... i have read the document,,, and adapter is configured

accordingly,, but error remains,,,, i wonder if it has something to do with our SP level.... can u confirm if the

additonalFields paramter is supported in PI 7 - SP9

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this is not possible in PI 7.0 SP 9.

Only if PI 7.0 SP>=12 supports additonalFields parameter

please go through the document........

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please see the sukumar reply of blog

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/06/12/content-conversion-in-sender-file-adapter--2-new-useful-parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/renjith.andrews/blog/2005/03/02/define-configurable-properties-in-was

This is for file content conversion

If helpful reward points

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

this may halp u..

Fixed Column Width of the Text Document:

NameA.absoluteRowWidth=<noOfColumns>

If the separators do not contain any line breaks, the text document is generated as a single line of text. To restrict the width of the text, use this parameter. <noOfColumns> represents the maximum number of columns in this case. This parameter also functions together with the specification of a line break for xml.endSeparator.

This value requires NameA.addHeaderLine=0 to be specified.

go through this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

reward points if needful

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

did it.. but no luck!!

any other clue....

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using XI 3.0 SP 20????

or

Are you using PI 7.0 SP 12???

pls check

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f071ff6d-5bfb-2910-a985-86ac9f6a...

Goto page no 28

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50061bd9-e56e-2910-3495-c5faa652...

check these links

If helpful reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

check it by adding

row.ProcessfielsNames:fromCofiguration