Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of an authorization object

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create an authorization object, in which I can add my own selection of fields.

Hence, if I include this object in a role, I can restrict the user as per my requirements.

I found SU21 in one of the forums, however I'm not sure if this is possible thru' SU21.

Pls. help.

Thanks a lot,

Saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can create under SU21.

Click on the Create button and choose Authorizaton Object.

Cheers

Shaji

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...I was able to create the authorization objetc, however now I'm facing amother problem.

In my role , I've removed the std. object (since it has insufficient fileds) 7 added the new "z" objetc, howver the T-code still checks for the std. object & does'nt pick up values from my Zobject...Is there some way I can embed my Z objetc into the std. one??

Pls. help.

Thanks a lot,

Saba.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can manage the authorization objects associated with transaction codes in SU24, but be aware that changing the auth object assignment to an SAP-delivered transaction is a modification of SAP standard, so you'll need a developer key and SSCR key, and you'll have to maintain this through support packs and upgrades.

You might be better served by copying the program underlying the transaction into your own custom Z program, and then modifying the program there to use your custom auth object.

--m

Answers (0)