cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Pooling in JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know if the JDBC Adapter uses connection pooling? If yes, how can one adjust the pool size etc.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Refer this note 831162...

9. J2EE JDBC Connector and Connection Pooling

Q: Does the JDBC Adapter support the use of the SAP WebAS J2EE engine's JDBC Connector and connection pool?

A: Currently, each JDBC channel will create its own JDBC connection. The use of the J2EE engine's JDBC Connector and connection pooling mechanism is not supported.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand, thanks a lot. I found the note. I hope SAP will resolve this issue soon. Until then i think jdbc adapter cannot be used in production. it's a pitty.

regards

roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roland,

if you would like to see connection pooling considered for implementation, you need to open a development request through SAP consulting or DSAG.

Regards,

Thilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is something we have raised quite sometime back..Am not sure if this is an explicit overlook by them or some sort of constraint..I think its one of least flexible technical adapters in the stack..Hope to see some solutions soon on this one..

One another example of constraint would be provision for a data archive facility in the source database..This would be a good feature to provide..helps to trace data being picked up from source table..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ye, I completly agree. until then i shall try using java proxies leveraging the connection pooling features of j2ee or other java frameworks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a