cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Alert when no file to process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Guru,

Can someone advise and guide me how to set the XI send the Alert when there is no file to process.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

check this link

/people/heike.jansen/blog

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your ALERT RULE, you can specify the origin of your ALERT on your ADAPTER engine.

Set the poll interval for File adapter and When there will be no file adapter will errored out.

So, when an error occurs when your XI is trying to pick-up the file from FTP, the corresponding ALERT will be triggered and you can also have an EMAIL to be sent.

IF you need to know how to configure an ALERT , I would suggest this Blog, Alerts Step by STep.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Also, if you are on SP14, I would suggest that you go through the note 913858.

The links below on Alert Management (ALM) will be of good help to you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/567ddea69d3d4c93a6aedabd08899e/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Meanwhile look at these forum threads also:

One work arround would be to use BPM for triggering the alert for such scenario

Thanks

Swarup

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swarup,

>Set the poll interval for File adapter and When there will be no file adapter will errored out.

Are u sure, File adapter will error out, is it?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Sorry

For the confusion.....I wish to interprete it as

Set the poll interval for File adapter and When there will be no file available in Source directory; the File adapter will errored out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup

<<< Set the poll interval for File adapter and When there will be no file adapter will errored out.

Can you tell me how you will configure the above step as in any of my File Scenarios File Adapter never generated an error when no file is available to pick up from specified location.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Set the poll interval for File adapter and When there will be no file available in Source directory; the File adapter will errored out.

as far as i know,the adapter won't error out,missing file in the source directory is not an error.

@question poster

You need to write a script(perl or Unix or any other) and schedule this script via windows of Unix(as per your OS),this script will send a mil to you,XI alert mechanism will not come into picture at all

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit, Amir & Raj......

Before having anymore discussion about it...I am extremely sorry for giving the partial information....I was thinking something else and have created mess-up....I know it's bad thing..:-))

I completely agree with you all as in genearl way, file Adapter will not give the error...

In one of case I had created simple Adapter module for FTP, where if the file is not available it will raise the smart exception. I was under that assumption and had given the generlized statement...:-)

Even you could refer the link to for creating the adapter Module to read the Sender file name dynamically...if the file will not be available it will not be able to catch the file name and that will be errored out....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da5675d1-0301-0010-9584-f6cb18c0...

But there are many ways that could generate the Alerts....

1. Use of BPM to trigger the alert..

2. Here it could be achivable through OS command also...

You need to write the shell script to check the existance of file and if not then you can create the empty file with same name at same location.

Make sure to process the Empty files ..and it will failed the FCC conversions..if it have implied..

3. Write the own Adpater module to check for the existance of file.

I hope it will be clearified now..Thanks for pointing out inappropriate answer

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 20, 2008 8:01 AM