cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redistribute Workload across POrgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

has anyone tried to manipulate the redistribution of workload across POrgs in sourcing?

By standard the distribution is restricted to PGroups within the same POrg. Is it possible to manipulate - how can it be done?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

The only way I know is to use BADI for changing shopping cart(BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI~BBP_SC_CHANGE). We used this BADI to assign required purchasing group when requirements came from ERP as purchase requisition but I guess it can also be used in your case.

kind regards,

Robert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

This can be achieved in various methods..

One proven method is to use a Z-table to store the product categories and the pgrp ID with a flag for load balancing. Implement BBP_DOC_CHANG_BADI to get the pgrp details using the prod cat data.

You can have a logic set for workload balancing for same prod categories to multiple Pgrps.. while ordering the cart (check sy-tcode/sy-ucomm ) and update the z-table with 'X' to the pgrp used (and uncheck the next item in table).

This way when u create a order a cart u will check the current pgrp and uncheck the next pgrp for the product category..

Let me know if need some detailed information..

Regards

Rakesh

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try the BADI BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI? This BADI is called when the Workload Re-assignment is called.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thanks for your inputs and expertise!!!

I am not sure, if I stated my question completely:

The simpified case looks like this: There are several backend systems with dedicated POrgs and PGroups. All of them do their tasks in SRM. Now the idea is, to redistribute workload accros POrgs by the trx "Redistribute Workload", which belong to different companies. By standard the system does not allow the redistribution accross company codes. So, why I am not sure, if it could be achieved by using BADI BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI? Also the wish is to keep the original (right) POrg / PGroup assignment for posting.

Another idea could be to modify the Sourcing Cockpit and enable the selection of SCs for everyone. But here I see the same issue, that the system wants the user working on the requirement be part of the POrg.

All ideas sound like stronger modification - any further input on estimate of needed work and details how to achieve the described requirement?

Many thanks in advance!

Claudia