cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Counts, import and use

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that when importing to the oItems destination via DTW, it is possible to bring in Cycle Count info. There is no sample or template CycleCount sheet, so what I know I gleaned just from looking at the mappable fields in DTW.

Can anyone give me some tips about importing and using Cycle Counts? I confess I find updating any destination via DTW to be a real chore, frequently more work that it is worth.

In this instance I already have items and warehouses and prices and quantities on hand. All I would want to do is import Cycle Count fields. So in DTW would this be considered an update (of existing items) or an import (just of cycle counts)? Since I don't want to change anything for the items, warehouses, or prices, what would be the least amount of data I'd have to show for the already ready loaded areas to get the cycle counts in?

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By Cycle Counts If you talking about importing prices and quantities

You need to use DTW template StockTaking template inside folder oStockTaking.

Here you will enter ItemCode WH and Quantity

the Prices will be imported using the ItemPrices template in the oItems folder as an Update with the Item main template.

then you will through the Inventory > Inventory Trans > Initial Quantity Reconcile the Quantities imported

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea what this has to do with my question about importing cycle count fields.

As I said before, the inventory on hand is already in. What I want to do now is bring in the cycle count fields. Per the undocumented, un-templated, just swagging from the fields that show up in DTW under oItems for Cycle Counts, the fields are

Alert

AlertTime

CycleCode

DestinationUser

LineNum

NextCountingDate

RecordKey

WarehouseCode

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some of the fields that you are seeing on the DTW mapping window are fields that are used by SAP for its internal management and some get updated by user actions / settingswithin SBO. I don't believe they are for import through the DTW template.

Alert

AlertTime

CycleCode

DestinationUser

All the above fields are related to alerts connected with cycle counting