cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have an issue with design for a interface I am doing ...

I was trying to do a RFC -> XI -> Seeburger AS2 adapter (via HTTP) interface however I am running into problems.

The AS2 adapter seems to require that both sender and receiver use Party Communication (as the AS2ID is provided by the Party). However, the RFC sender will not allow the Business System to be defined using Parties. This seems to rule out doing it using RFC->AS2.

My thoughts:

1. I can do a RFC -> XI -> File (into a holding directory) then do a File -> XI -> AS2 which is a bit cludgy however it is fairly straight forward to do and I know will work. Will decouple my response message from the original RFC.

2. Using an ABAP proxy rather than RFC? I have tried doing this already, but ran into issues because my source system is a 620 based system, so instead tried calling the proxy from within the XI client (and got messages saying can't run inbound proxy from within IS).

3. Using a "passthrough" BPM in the middle to convert my RFC call into Party communication (eg. having an receiver determination from the RFC to the BPM without Parties, then send the message on to another receiver determination that uses Parties).

4. Convert my RFC to use a custom IDOC instead - then use the IDOC adapter. Not sure what the limitations of Party communication with IDOC's are.

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions or comments that may be of assistance?

Regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason..

Interesting situation..

RFC(Sync) -

> <--- Soap(Sync) Party--

> As2.........

You always have the idoc option and you dont have to decouple your sync scenario....+ you have the msg already in XML format..for your as2 adapter..

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

The RFC Party limitation is notes in the prerequisites for setting up a RFC Sender adapter (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm). I also tried it anyway, and got an error message saying something like "RFC must not have Party" etc.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh ok,in that case you can use IDOC as it has been shown in the article

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>However, the RFC sender will not allow the Business System to be defined using Parties

i m not really sure about this,could you please tell me where u saw this limitation.I know there is a limitation on IDOC and proxy that you can't use business service for them.

You can define a business system under party for IDOC for a B2B scenario.

just have a look at the below guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0b355ae-0501-0010-3b83-8f2bb566...

he is doing a B2B scenario(File to IDOC) and has used business service with party for sender file and business system with party for receiver IDOC.

Thanx

Aamir