cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Limit SC using catalog CCM.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have been creating limit SC using BBPIV01.But it requires manual data entry Viz description,overall value,Time frame etc.

Now we want to use catalog (CCM) to search and pull predefined items and transfer them to create a limit SC.The problem is that the catalog doesn't have any option to select Limit SC item.It has only Goods and Services.

Has anyone implemented a catalog based limit SC creation?

If yes,could you please share how did you achieve it.

Thanks & Regards

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, I have not tried the following but I would like you to try.

In my view, the difference between a proper service item and limit items technically are value of some fields like - actual value and expected value and the item_type will be 'LIMIT';

There exists a BADI while you transfer the catalogue items into the SRM system. You can check the name of the BADI in SE18 'BCATTRAN*' or try some other combination.

Action items:

1. Upload the limit items also as the service items in the catalogue.

2. You can implement the BADI (mentioned above) to change the service items to limit items by populating the limit values and expected values.

3. Let us know if this works;

The reason why I ask you to try this out is, if I remember well in my production system I once had a case where the user added a service item but he really wanted to add a limit item. So I did tricks like this in debugging and finally made it appear like limit item. I am not sure about all the fields and changes I did,

I am sure if you do the above changes, you can try creating shopping cart and based on the error you can fix the errors and finally get it done.

The only problem you will be facing is, functionally you will have to decide which service items will have to be converted to a limit items, may be based on a product category.

Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks

Kasee Palaniappan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

We had similar requirement earlier, but not able to implement.

In the system Limit is also stores as service(Item cat D), but the main problem is to set the limits through catalog.

Let me know if you get any solution on this.

Thank you

Sreedhar vetcha