cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RightFax over SMTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi im dealing with a client that bought a Rightfax Server for SAP, but they didnt buy the SAP Connector for it

So instead of sending it via RFC they want to send it via SMTP.

Thing is that the Rightfax administrator sent me the format the emails should be done , so that the rightfax translates it to a FAX.

Field From : email from sender (no problem with this)

Field Fromname : regular name from sender to be put in the fax cover sheet.(Never seen this field in a mail)

Field To:$rightfax@domain (Fixed , all mails should go there)

Field Toname: "'/name=" + $1 +"/fax=" + $2 + "/com=" + $3 + "/"

$1=Name of the recipient

$2=Phone number of the reciving FAX

$3=Receiving Company Name

Example "/name=Daniel /fax=43446866 /com=Mycompany/"

From what I've seen this has to go via SMTP plugin. I only seen that you enter the the Fax domain in the SCOT under Fax, then SAPCONNECT sends an email to the recipient@faxdomain.

Is it possible to customize somewhere or do another method so I can send the format this fax admin ask for?

Regards any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member62422
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I found this link:

http://www.captaris.com/support/downloads/rightfax/93/Download_Files/RightFax93_FeaturePack1a_Readme...

Which shows as of release 9.3 Service Pack 1a, RightFax supports

<faxnumber>@domain.com

I think this help you as well

Now I have to inform to the customer about this

I will be post you as soon as I get something else.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it. I would be highly obliged if you could share and post the possible solution to the issue.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

former_member62422
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

I find myself in the same situatio as you.

Were you able to find a solution for FAX via SMTP?

Here, RightFaxServer does not understand this addressing FAX = <canoniacalfaxnumber>@faxdomain, RightFax requires name@faxnumber@faxdomain.

Any help would be grateful!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyhelp?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Your question is not very clear, are you facing any problem while configuring. I am not sure about how RIGHTFAX works, however if you setup a SMTP node, the email should work.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is that the client who configured the rightfax imposed us that the mail sap send has to have in a certain format specification, because the have only the SMTP gateway installed and they dont want to buy any other fax gateway.

In order to be able to communicate with Rightfax via SMTP he needs that the mail SAP sends has 4 fields.

Fromname : name of sender

To: rightfax email

Toname : faxnumber , companyname

From what I known in the SCOT you can only have 2 of these 4 fields : sender email and receiver email, I do not know how to be able from sap to send the other information he needs to be able to communicate with rightfax.

1 Example would be:

Fromname : daniel rajmanovich

To : rightfax@myconmpany.com

Toname : 4300-4300, ReceiverCompany.

I have read that you only can configure the domian of the rightfax in the SCOT, and when you use this external communication sap translates the receiver and sends a email to the host you configure in the node with the address phonenumber@faxdomain , so im missing some fields here.

Hope you understand now. Thx.