cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of Visual Composer Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Do you see impact on Visual Composer because of the SAP's acquisition of Business Object(s). I can't relate this in any way.

They may not add more BI Specific capabilities as it was planned before. Like Replace of Wab Applicaiton Designer etc. But my guess VC will stay strategic tool for SAP.

Any one has any comment on this?

Panakj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punkaj,

Visual Composer is here to stay.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari

I am looking an answer form SAP as in one of the meeting one of the SAP Sales Team has told my customer that Visual Composer will be going away.

Pankaj Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panakj, Hari,

Visual Composer will not be replaced with Business Object and will continue to play an important part in our embedded BI strategy.

Moving forward, Visual Composer will pick up more and more BI features from the Web Application Designer, nevertheless – it will remain a tool for generic composite application development.

The BO tools such as Crystal reports and Xcelsius are pure BI tools for reporting, high end visualization and dashboarding, and they will be positioned as the tools of choice for pure BI scenarios.

In the future, Visual Composer will provide the option to integrate and jump from an application into an Xcelsius dashboard, transferring filter values and providing the seamless and context-sensitive ability to embed BI components into processes and transactional UIs.

Hope this helps and provides some clarifications as to the roadmap of Visual Composer in light of the BO acquisition.

You can find additional information and detailed FAQ in the [Visual Composer for CE page|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-vc?rid=/webcontent/uuid/20af9f09-80b9-2a10-dd91-8ab0365df160] [original link is broken];.

kind regards,

Dafna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This makes total Sense.

Pankaj Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dafna,

During a recent SAP Business Objects partner briefing session, it was stated that the BEx Web Application Designer will be phased out and its functionality merged into Xcelsius. Is this a change in direction which means that the features Web Application Designer will no longer be merged into Visual Composer as you indicated in your comments?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Answers (0)