cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver after one and half year of ABAP experience...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an ABAPer with one and half year of experience.

I wanted to know if its really worth to switch to netweaver after having around one and half years of ABAP experience as in india promotions are faster and one remains technical person for around 7 years only as in case i take some netweaver component at this stage i will have to start from zero .Further marketwise is there too vast difference between an ABAPer and Netwaver technical consultant as it will again take one and half year to learn new Netweaver component and by the time i will be having 3 years of ABAP experience in case i decide to remain inABAP.

In other words which one is better option between one and half years of Netweaver experience or 3 years of ABAP experience marketwise and careerwise.I will be really thankful if somebody can give a bit descriptive explanation in this regard.

Thanks.

Edited by: sandeep pande on Mar 19, 2008 7:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

The market is never static , it keeps on changing, 'Change is the only constant' . Currently Netweaver platform is the platform of choice for SAP Customers and many are involved in upgrading their systems to the latest SAP Offerings.

You should invest in Netweaver , there are several learning courses you can take up or maybe buy books and rely on self learning.

What career you want to choose is your personal issue, however SAP will definitely phase out ABAP in the near future (maybe a decade), so its worth investing money and time now into a product which SAP has decided to go forward with.

On the soft skill side, you can always learn project management and people management, there are several courses out in the market for the same, this will slowly progress your career and take you away to a point where underlying technology does not matter.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh