cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SXI_CACHE and reading HTTP destination: INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been going over many posts etc trying to figure out why this quit working. Basically everything was working fine, and I did a Integration Process Scenario and uploaded that, once that was complete I started getting cache errors that where affecting everything else already configured in XI.

I have tested in SM59 INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI and when I put in path

/dir/hmi_cache_refresh_service/ext I get back a 200 response on connection test

and put in path /dir/cacheRefresh I get a 500 response which I assume both are fine,

I have also tested by the ping test in sicf using PIISUSER along with the url test of http://<host name>:<port>/dir/hmidiag/ext?method=info all was successful

So the error seems to come when I run sxi_cache

If I do a delta cache it comes up with the following error Prefix number: entry missing for system PIT client 300

If I do a full cache refresh it runs in the background (and while it runs all the other scenario's work) but after the full cache comes back it has Unable to refresh cache contents with the message of Error when reading HTTP destination: INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI.

Also once this error is checked all other scenerio's quite working again with the following message

XIServer:UPDATE:Error when reading HTTP destination: INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI

Does anyone have any ideas?

I def award points

Cheers

Devlin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I have all the auths set hard to say, I hope we don't have the same situation where the system has to be reset every time we load an IP instance, we are planning on upgrading to 7.1 soon hopefully this clears all these issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay I rewarded points but we had to do a couple of things to get it to work

First had to delete and recreate INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI 2X Kind of weird but did it

Then was still having errors with the prefix so did the following

Define Prefix Number in TRANS OOW4

Add a new entry for Prefix 901 for our system client

This all came up when I tried to load a Intetgration Process, is there something in IP that would cause this type of problem?

Cheers

Devlin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if this is the exactly case we have here... but in our PI DEV and PRD environments it does not happen. In our QAS environment this error occurs everytime we create/change some integration scenario object and activate it. Then, all outbound interfaces start with this error. To solve it we go for a full refresh, delete Adapter Engine cache and restart ICM.

We are trying for a long time to search why this happens only on QAS environment without success... But thanks good it does not happen in PRD

regards.

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this if you are missing any authorizations

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/19/unable-to-read-integrationdirectoryhmiundocumented-bug-sxicache

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try deleting the content of adapter engine connection cache. Then check if there is some refresh process running (sm58), and if yes, kill it. Then, look at sm12 if there is a lock register for the refresh you just killed, and delete it. After this call a full refresh. Call a restart soft global on sicf, and all would be working.

I suggest you don't activating scenario objects when you have many other interfaces in use in production environments... this can cause many problems and would be better do it in a system maintenance time.

regards.

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you said you have gone through most the of the forum threads, Did you try to delete the HTTP destination and create it again. lets see if it works