cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I attended the ASUG today, and I did not feel the BPC is better than IP for a SAP customer.I do not know whether BPC have characteristic relationship, retraction etc, but just from the layout, IP could give you the same thing.

For the consolidation part, I think it takes consolidation too simple, maybe it is just OK for management consolidation but not for legal consolidation. It does not say whether BPC support multiple level consolidation but it looks not.

The only better thing I see is the user interface. It is interesting that SAP suggest us to use BPC for our new project:)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thatz interesting Eric, do you have any useful documents pertaining to BPC.Actually, i was searching for documents for BPC from a while,if you have it, can you please update me on this.

Thanking You,

Sappie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I would recommend that you carefully consider these recommendations and perhaps get a second opinion.

We have recently gone live with BI-IP and are very happy with the outcome. SAP also recommended we consider Outlooksoft at the time, now BPC.

It really depends on the business requirements for planning. For our project integration with HR FTE and Finanicial Information as well as all relevant master data which we have in BI was a key a driver for our enterprise wide planning solution.

Cheers

Ian