cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dialog Boxes" Tutorial - Template Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello *

I'm currently working my way through some of the tutorials available in the WD-tutorial matrix.

I realized that all these tutorials are made for NWDS'04, so I'm aware that it's not guaranteed that all of them work in my NWDS-CE7.1SP3 environment.

Today I wanted to start the Dialog-Boxes-Tutorial where I have to import a initial project template which I downloaded from SAP-SDN. After import I get a lot of errors because obviously all the library paths have changed since then.

When I search for the missing file(s) they are found but in quite a different location than written int he .classpath file. Additionally the search finds more than one file with the exact name, but in another path.

Are there somewhere newer tutorial templates that work for my environment?

If not, can I repair the project automatically so that all paths are fixed automatically? Perhaps theres some kind of tool for the project-migration or sth. else?

If this doesn't work either, I suppose I have to change the paths manually, either in the .classpath file or under Properties->BuildPath->Libraries. Is that right? But how - in this case - can I determine which of the found libraries in the different folders is a good replacement for the missing one?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Web Dynpro Explorer, right-click on the project and select Repair -> Project Structure and Classpath. Then do a rebuild. This should fix the errors.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply but this didn't solve the problem (only a small part of it)

i still get

Unbound classpath variable: SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIBS/comp/SAP_JTECHS/DCs/sap.com/webservices/_comp/gen/default/public/default/lib/java/jaxm-api.jar' in project 'TutWD_Popup_Init'

about 20 of these errors. Before the repair it was about 40, so it helped a little

Maybe SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIBS is not set? when I look in NWDS7.0 I can see these variables in "Libraries" but I can't find them in NWDS7.1

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

right click on ur project---->reload

after that

right click on ur project>repair-->project structure and classpath

Thanks

Hazrath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea why this jar file should be needed here. Edit the classpath and remove all dangling references. Then do a Repair again.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ hazrath:

still the same

thanks anyway

@Armin:

So I'm going to delete all entries starting with "SAP_SYSTEM_ADD_LIBS" from the .classpath-file, right?

Edited by: Michael Schler on Mar 20, 2008 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

k, did that, but I still get an error:

Web Dynpro Generation: Generation aborted with exception No Web Dynpro content found for project "TutWD_Popup_Init". If this project is a Development Component, check if "SapMetamodelWebdynproContent.zip" is present in the classpath. (com.sap.ide.mmservices.wd.general.NoWebDynproContentException: No Web Dynpro content found for project "TutWD_Popup_Init". If this project is a Development Component, check if "SapMetamodelWebdynproContent.zip" is present in the classpath.)

and a warning:

Classpath variable 'JRE_LIB' in project 'TutWD_Popup_Init' is deprecated: Use the JRE System Library instead

I suppose I can disregard the warning.

Is the error due to the fact that this is still a template/initial project with no real content?!

regards so far

Michael

_________________-

sorry

problem (errors) solved after a reload, thanks

JRE_LIB warning still exists along with some label-missing-ones. disregard?!

Edited by: Michael Schler on Mar 20, 2008 11:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. There should only be 3 entries:

- CMI Container

- JRE System Library

- Web Dynpro container

Delete everything else.

Armin

Answers (0)