cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Client Connect failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the steps of installation for the NW Mobile Client 7.1

It says it installed correctly. I have the services running. But when I try to run the client, it either sits on "connecting" or gives me an error that it could not connect.

The logs only give me:

Open event log failed.

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Starting service at [19-03-2008 07:58:22:749]

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Starting service

[SAPStatusMonitorService] VC registry key [SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SAPNetWeaverMobileStatusMonitor\Parameters] opened successfully

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Successfully read the VC registry AppDirectory parameter. Value = C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Netweaver Mobile Client\

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Successfully read the VC registry Application parameter. Value = C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Successfully read the VC registry AppParameters parameter. Value = /c startmonitor.bat 2>&1 > monitor_service.log

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Successfully read the VC registry AppStopParameters parameter. Value = /c stopmonitor.bat

[SAPStatusMonitorService] VC registry values are read successfully

[SAPStatusMonitorService] startmonitor.bat called successfully

[SAPStatusMonitorService] Service started successfully

Open event log failed.

[NWMClientService] Starting service at [19-03-2008 07:58:47:459]

[NWMClientService] Starting service

[NWMClientService] NWM client registry key [SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SAPNetWeaverMobileClient\Parameters] opened successfully

[NWMClientService] Successfully read the NWM client registry AppDirectory parameter. Value = C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Netweaver Mobile Client\

[NWMClientService] Successfully read the NWM client registry Application parameter. Value = C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

[NWMClientService] Successfully read the NWM client registry AppParameters parameter. Value = /c startserver.bat 2>&1 > mi_service.log

[NWMClientService] Successfully read the NWM client registry AppStopParameters parameter. Value = /c shutdown.bat

[NWMClientService] NWM client registry values are read successfully

[NWMClientService] startserver.bat called successfully

[NWMClientService] Service started successfully

So other than failing to open the event log, everything is supposedly running correctly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Which version of the Mobile Client are you using? It is adviced to use the most recent version, 710 SP07 of the Mobile Client. Please check if the problem is resolved with the latest version.

Thanks,

Kranti

0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

While installing Client,was database installed successfully ?

If the Db is not installed successfully,then this kind of issues occur when the client is launched . If the DB is not installed ,then you will have to un-install the client and install it again.

If the DB and the client installation is successful, kill all the javaw.exe (Assuming you are using client below SP06) , stop and restart the services (Contol panel->Administrative Tools -> Services) and then try launching the client.

Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

One thing you can do is :

1. Goto the client folder (path where your client is installed) and check if

".MOBILELOCK" and ".MONITORLOCK" is running.

2. If true, then you double click on the "shutdown.bat" and the "stopmonitor.bat"

3. Goto ur task manager and kill all the Javaw.exe 's (processes if any running).

Now click on the startup.bat and check if client is launching.

Do check if this helps you.....

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there is any error written to the trace file which can be found under client installation location\log folder.

Regards,

Deepika.