cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Info on Shopping Cart Popups for additional Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for some inputs on how to achieve Web survey kind of functinality in SRM-EBP. Here is the requirement.

When i chose a particular product category for shopping cart, then i should get some questions popup, which needs to be answered.. some thing like, if i chose IT hardware, then i want a question to be either popup/displayed asking do i have any special packing requirements etc..

I know in Sourcing Websurvey provides simillar functionality..But how to achieve that, in EBP..during shopping cart creation.

Are there any specific FM's or BADI's required??

1. Whats the best possible way to display these questions? should it be like text on screen with radio buttons or text fields OR If i want to have Popup questions, should we use any GUI technology like BSP etc...

Apprecite your inputs.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest 2 ways:

1.Create custom buttons/links on the SC screen,on click of which you can call a form(which contains your questions).This FORM can be a BSP/custom screen.However this will be a very complex development with custom screens involved and data flow between the screens.

Pls see these related threads for more pointers:

(this thread talks abt web forms in MDM but still you can think of soemthing similar)

2.Another way would be to add custom FIELDS in the SC screen for filling out the reqd data(but you may have to add number of fields based on the amount of info reqd) instead of a single form.Then in the badi "BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI",you can check based on the prod cat field value,if the custom fields are filled or not and if not prompt the user to fill those by dispaying a message on the screen through the badi.

HTH

BR,

Disha.

DO reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for the reply. I will gothru all the posts that you mentioned.

Regarding your 2nd solution, However, the customer need control over changing these template questions as and when necessary. and probably they might want to capture some addl info in future too based on new prod categories. In that case, i believe its not suggestable to have custom fields hard coded on the screen and validate the info from requistioner.

Btw, can we pass this captured info from question form onto Vendor note text field/ Internal note field???

Anyway i will gothru rest of the links and will discuss with Tech team.

How can we use/call BSP form from within Shopping cart screen?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As i said this development will be a bit complex with custom screens included..So you need to discuss it out with your Tech /ABAP team before proceeding further.I have not actually worked on this kind of dev so cannot provide you much inputs on this but the links have pointers towards the problems faced by others who have worked on similar reqts.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.