cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V12 migration.bat file missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two physical Win2K3 servers. One with xMII V12.0.2 plus NW 7 and the other with V11.5.1 . Each xMII version is running fine. I have downloaded the latest version of the migration tool (XMIIMIGRATION03_0-10004466.SCA.zip) to the V11.5 server. It is indeed a zip file. I unzipped it to a folder on the desktop and it contained three folders (BUILDARCHIVES, DEPLOYARCHIVES & META-INF). The SAP Note # 1024626 states there is a migration.bat file to double click. I don't see a .bat file.

I am logged in as Administrator on the Win2K3 server with V11.5.1.

Thanks for any help.

Chuck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chuck did you download the Migration file from Service Marketplace as a .sca file if so when you deployed this it should have put all migration files in <drive>:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\global for Windows. You should then just have to copy this Migration folder to your 11.5 system and the Migration.bat file should be in there. I would

also recommend using the SP3 version of the migration tool as there have been some bug fixes in this one that will make your life easier. This of course needs SP3 of MII as well. Which version did you download of the migration tool SP3 or 2?

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

You mentioned something that made me realize I missed an important set of steps. So, the migration tool must be initially downloaded from the service marketplace (which I did) but to my V12 system. Not the V11.5 system. And then run the deployment on the V12 system, move or copy the resulting folder as you described to the V11.5 system and THEN run the migration .bat.

Plus you mentioned that the SP3 of the migration tool only works with SP3 of V12? I only have SP2 installed for MII V12. Are you saying I must first install SP3 for V12 then deploy the SP3 migration tool ?

Thanks,

Chuck

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Chuck,

Yes the SP3 version of the Migration Tool will only work with MII SP3. This is due to the fact that some fixes in the Migration Tool required some changes on the MII side as well. You can deploy the SP3 migration .sca file before you upgrade to MII SP3 but you just cannot run the migration tool with MII SP2.

Just a FYI MII SP3 needs Netweaver SP14 so make sure you have the correct service pack before you upgrade to SP3. Look at the installation guide and release note as well on how to install it as the JCO dll's need to be removed as they now come standard in SP14.

Regards,

Erik

Answers (0)