cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Roles used MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one of you please help with the list of standard roles used in MDM(Security Roles aswell). For example we have SRM_Manager role or Vendor role in SRM, do we have similar roles in MDM?

I am new to MDM implementation and have to create some roles for the project team including developes and managers (EP, XI and MDM).

Thanks,

Mallik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one of you please help with the list of standard roles used in MDM(Security Roles aswell). For example we have SRM_Manager role or Vendor role in SRM, do we have similar roles in MDM?

-->The Roles in MDM Repository are defined as per the business requirement.

For eg:If I have defined a Repository for SRM Catalog then while repository is created two roles are created automatically i.e Admin and Default role.Admin role has all previleges(no restictions/no deletion).Similarly Default role has all previleges,however you can restrict its previleges and delete this role.

Additionally I can create roles say for catalog I want a role GeneralUser (this role is for general users so that they can only view the records and not modify records or repository schema)

Also I can add a role say Approver (this Role can Approve the records,it can add ,modify,delete the records as per requirement)

This access can be given to roles in FUNCTION & Tables and fields Tab.Say you can make records and tables read only for GeneralUser and read and write for Approver.

Multiple users can be assigned toa single role.For eg n users can be assigned to Role GeneralUser.

In order to create Roles go Admin Tab in Repository->Roles Table->Add Role->Developers .You can restrict the access f this role .

Similarly create Role Managers.

Now in Users Table->ADD User->Developer1.Assign Role Developer to this user.Similarly for Manager1.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha Lalwani on Mar 20, 2008 6:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information. But I wanted to know if there are standard roles that are delivered by SAP like in R/3 which can be customized according to our needs.

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

Unfortunately you have to create your own roles according to the needs.

+ An

Pls close the thread

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

According to me, Roles are to be defined according to the Business Process running in the company.

For ex. you can have a Finance Dept, which will be part of MDM workflows, then a role can be made for them and suitable access can be provided for them. ( others can be procurement etc. Depending upon the business and its requirement).

1) I do not much about SRM, but in MDM as you create a repository, system creates a Roles table with a default role - Admin Role- Having all previledges and no Constraints. This role cannot be deleted.

2) You can assign multiple users to a role, which automatically get the same previledges.

I am new to MDM implementation and have to create some roles for the project team including developes and managers (EP, XI and MDM).

1) For ex, you have to create Roles for your Developers and Managers.You can create a common role ( - say Developer ) for your Developers and you can restrict their access in FUNCTIONS and TABLES AND FIEDLS tab. Similarly can be done for your managers.

I hope it helps.

*Please reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain