cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Lookups in MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm an MDM newbie, just learning my way around, trying to figure out how I will be able to make MDM work with the data landscape we have around here.

My question today is, is it possible to have what I will call a "conditional" lookup for a field? That is to say, is it possible to have a field's choices be dependent on some other field? Can a field's lookup return not ALL the records in the lookup table, but some subset of them?

Say I have product records, and the values possible for a particular field on each record should be limited depending on product-type.

(For reasons I brought up in my post yesterday, a product-type taxonomy with attributes won't serve my purpose.)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

As per your requirement, you can use the Qualified look up table.

I hope this will fullfil your requirement.

Just refer this thread related to Qualified lookup table for extracting the record from it.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Say I have product records, and the values possible for a particular field on each record should be limited depending on product-type.

As far as i have understood your requirement, I feel this can be done with the help of Qualified Look ups in MDM.

Taking the ex. that you have given, you can keep Product type as a non Qualifier. And some of the other fields whose values are dependent on Product types values as Qualifier Fields.

Hence depending on the Product type, values in your dependent fields will be populated.This can be done for all records while importing for Qualified and main table data.

I feel you should try it using Qualiifer Tables in MDM.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3417] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5304] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

These are some of the blogs which will help you being clear whether Qualifier Tables can be used in your scenario.

I hope it helps.

*Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain