cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can more than one SAP ERP system connect to the same PI system???

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

We have our QAS ERP system connected to our PI-QAS system and our DEV ERP system connected to our PI-DEV system. We now want to take PI-QAS out of the loop and connect both QAS ERP and DEV ERP to PI-DEV. I can't get the configuration within QAS ERP to recognize PI-DEV without erroring in SLDCHECK.

So...

Can a PI system support more than one SAP ERP system???

If so, is there special configuration in order to avoid collisions of some kind???

Thanks in advance!!!

Chad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i couldn't imagine that this is a problem to connect two ERPs with one XI

(i even did so already

You just have two configure them in SLD as technical / bussines Systems.

Maybe this pdf could help you a little bit:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d64...

Regards

Patrick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chad,

Can a PI system support more than one SAP ERP system??? - yes

If so, is there special configuration in order to avoid collisions of some kind??? - just have all your sap systems in your SLD as Web as ABAP type.........make the respective comm channels in ID and SM59 connections by giving correct data......then you can have a PI system connected to any number of SAP ERP systems.

Regarding your SLDCHECK error, it is not because of adding another ERP, it can happen if you are pointing to an incorrect SLD so use transaction SLDAPICUST to see if you are accessing the correct SLD............ask your basis guys to resolve your SLDCHECK error.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

After doing all the configuration changes to point SAP-QAS to PI-DEV we can't get passed the following SLD error:

Calling function LCR_GET_BS_DETAILS

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

Function call returned exception code 5

LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS completes successfully just before the call to LCR_GET_BS_DETAILS.

Anybody know the SLD configuration behind the LCR_GET_BS_DETAILS call???

I believe that is what we're missing.

Thanks,

Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

> Anybody know the SLD configuration behind the LCR_GET_BS_DETAILS call???

This call reads the informations about the Business Systems in SLD.

Guess this error is coming up because the connection to SLD is not working.

Please try to run t-code SLDAPICUST and check your host name.

If it has a domain try it without and in other case try it with domain.

Regards

Patrick

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chad,

Can you describe your landscape......with some more detail, The issue is your sld is not accesible..

4.5 Checking the Connection Between the Integration Server and the System Landscape Directory

Call transaction SLDCHECK to make sure that you established a connection between the Integration Server and the System Landscape Directory during the post-installation steps described in the Installation Guide – SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0. The system displays a log that lists the current configuration data, the function test results, errors, and notes for checking. Use this log to verify that the connection works properly.

Furthermore, make sure that you have defined the following RFC destinations for the connection between the Integration Server and the SLD:

• LCRSAPRFC

• SAPSLDAPI

The program ID (LCRSAPRFC_<SID> or SAPSLDAPI_<SID>, respectively) must correspond to an entry under JCo RFC provider for the SAP J2EE Engine.

Take a look at ....the XI Config guide here..Page 16....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ac6de690-0201-0010-54ac-892...

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can a PI system support more than one SAP ERP system???

Of course Yes. Otherwise the PI advantage of loose coupling is not achievable. U can communicate any no of SAP ERP systems to XI.

Just make sure all the SAP ERP Application servers are added in SLD as WebAS ABAP/Java technical and business systems.

Regards,

Prateek

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes multiple ecc systems can be connected to the same PI system as long as they all are in the SLD with different names..Why should you not be able to...

SLDCheck just checks to see if the rfc destinations exist and a connection between the systems is OK...

Call transaction SLDCHECK to make sure that you established a connection between the

Integration Server and the System Landscape Directory during the post-installation steps

described in the Installation Guide – SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0. The system displays a

log that lists the current configuration data, the function test results, errors, and notes for

checking. Use this log to verify that the connection works properly.

Regards

Ravi Raman

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick and Ravi.

I found it hard to believe that PI wouldn't be able to support multiple ECC systems but I'm having difficulty getting the 2nd system's connection configured properly.

Ravi, can you point me to the log that you mentioned that gets written during an SLDCHECK???

Thanks,

Chad

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can't communicate with more than one SAP ERP system to the same PI system but as you are talking about setting up the QAS ERP with XI-Q and XI-Dev...is not possible as if you see in R/3 system...the connectivity will be set-up with one XI system at time..for another connectivity you need to replace or overwirte existing one.

Thanks

Swarup

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Swarup.

Question --- How does PI enforce a single ERP system connection???

To my knowledge there are no "live" connections between the ERP and PI.

Thanks,

Chad