cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-E-Mails are going but have delayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The auto-email-alerts are being delayed..

my client 000 shows system time in STZAC as CET

and in client 100 it says EST with time zones active..

is this the reason for the delay in sending the auto e mail alerts..

if so do I have to maintain the clients in the same time zones??

or have to change one of them?? what wil be the effect on the other performance of the system...

Regards,

Kris.

Hi this is kind of urgent, so answer ASAP, plz..

Edited by: kris B on Mar 19, 2008 1:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to maintain timezone same for all clients. I had same problem. tcode stzac changes automatically for all clients unless you have chosen something different. so basically, go ahead and have ur time zone in all clients.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

Yes the client has maitained different time zones

we dont use 000 client for dev , time zone there is CET and thats not modifiable.

while the other clients have the time zones maintained as EST, this as per the client requirement, now i cant go and simply change the time zone of the client as it will cause other problems here..

Is there any other method to send the mails immediately..

Thanks,

Regards,

Kris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing.

Helpful thread.

Thanks AFI C.

Did the only option change the time zones on all systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had to open client. We were not allowed to change time_zone in client 000 but I had convince. Also, most of the configuration should be done in client 000 for consistency. So basically, if you look at your scenario, it is common sense that email are delaying due to only one reason you can tell.. right? which is time_zone in client 000. You can ask SAP regarding this but they preferred me time_zone changes. O.K I'm gonna share this with you what sap replied>

This is what SAP replied>>>
"an first apply the note 1015628, then please check the user that is used in the Z_Method in client 000 to see what is the timezone being configured for this user under the "Default" tab, it should be the same as the Sys. Timezone"

The Only way I think you may be able to fix this, may be, if you look at the user's Default tab, look at the time zone, may fix but i doubt it.

Thanks,

I hope this can solve your problem.

Edited by: Afi C on Mar 20, 2008 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

Yes thats one option only, change the time zone..

but i think i got the solution..

i just added another parameter in the method

as TIME_ZONE, and provided the time zone of the client 000..

now this is std or not i don know, just picked it up somewhere..

but it is wrkin for this server,,

now the twist is it is not wrkin when we use the function module SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT_V2..

don know if this is a limitation or error..

hope this may help somebody.

Regards,

Kris.