Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter -error tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario:File to Proxy

My requirement:

I need to poll the file from the legacy system at 7 P.M.

1) If file is not present then I need to poll till 7.30 P.M and after that also if file is still not present then I need to rasie an alert also update the R3 table with the same.

2) If the legasy sytem is down or network problem then I need to rasie an alert to user saying Legacy system down also I neeed to update the table in R3 with the same error.

My question is:

Can I track this type of errors and raise it to users and also maintained it in R3?

Can I use the unix shell script to check the avability of file but how the error handling part can be taken care?

Is is possible to raise System down or network related erros or file not available through custome adapter module?

Can I track system down or network problem error through communication channel monitoring by creating alert rule. As I am aware if file server is not reachable then we get the error in communciation channel monitoring.

Please share your experience.

Chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

1) If file is not present then I need to poll till 7.30 P.M and after that also if file is still not present then I need to rasie an alert also update the R3 table with the same. - for this req, i think you need BPM, to start BPM you can have a receive step for a dummy source file for a dummy sender file adpater which will be scheduled to start at 7 PM.........then in bpm have a recieve step to get the actual file and specify a dead-line for 30 minutes............if file is got proceed further, otherwise in deadline branch have a synchronous send step to R/3 to update the data in r/3 table.............

2) If the legasy sytem is down or network problem then I need to rasie an alert to user saying Legacy system down also I neeed to update the table in R3 with the same error. - if your comm channel is erroring, then in RWB in alert configuration you can have no restiction option for your interface and then you can generate an alert for it in the alert inbox...........but i think to update this thing in r/3 table will not be feasible.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have though of the option but we dont want to use BPM the timings which I have specified here is for understanding purpose it can me longer.

Second also as u said errro can not be loged on R3 -I just wanted to confiremd other way arround.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any guess!!!!1

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To detect if the server is down or network problem, the right protocol is SNMP protocol, in this way, if you create adapter module, you have to write SMTP client to receive traps from the server you are monitoring, upon the traps you received, you raise different alerts to user. In Server side, you have to create and deploy SNMP agent, upload customized MIB file. SNMP has v1, v2 and v3. You might search around, this is big topic too.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will look into ur option.

Guys any more suggestion If not then I might have to close the thread.

Chirag

Answers (0)