cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about settings in JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I have a question regarding the jdbc adapter.

Our Company is at the moment using the xi server of our former "Mother-company", which is in a different network.

When I configure the jdbc adapter like that:

JDBC Treiber: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection: jdbc:oracle:thin:@G1s:1521:TDM

G1s is my local notebook in our network on which the database is running.

I can configure the xi server (in the other network), while being in our network.

I think this is a stupid question, but is it possible that the integration server can't find the database because he doesn't know my notebook (G1s)?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but is it possible that the integration server can't find the database because he doesn't know my notebook (G1s)?

The integration server will find the receiver system using the Business system or service name. Now ur JDBC system is in network. So it should be accessible through XI. There shouldnt be any problem in communication.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

so one Business System has to be my notebook (as technical system)?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But as it is a JDBC system, u may use Third Party Business system or a Business Service

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

so when I use a 3rd party business system, this one must have a technical system in our network. And because of that xi will find my notebook. Is that correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , Exactly

You need the Technical system and for that we need to create Corrsponding BS in SLD

Regars

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so when I use a 3rd party business system, this one must have a technical system in our network

Yes

And because of that xi will find my notebook. Is that correct?

After determining the receiver system, XI will use its adapter to try to connect to ur notebook and as it is in same network it should find it without any problem

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I think this is a stupid question, but is it possible that the integration server can't find the database because he doesn't know my notebook (G1s)?

You need to have connectivity between the XI server and DB. If they are in different network, then XI server will not be able to access the db. Get some help from your Network team guys, they should be able to open some port in the firewall of the network and enable the connectivity between XI server and Db.

Regards,

Jaishankar