cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have one Basic question in WM, if i created one m/t without maintaining the storage type, then how the system searches the appropriate storage type correctly....

From sas......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every Im movement type that we creates the system automatically assigns a referance movement type and a subsequent WM movement type in the WMS. This WMS movement type follows the WMS organisational structure by the standard custumization settings there by it follows the search strategies and identifies the appropriate storage bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one Basic question in WM, if i created one m/t without maintaining the storage type, then how the system searches the appropriate storage type correctly....

When you maintain material even without creating the storage type data then system will find correct storage type based on storage search indicator. It works in the following way:

- Create material master for WM view

- Here you mention Storage type indicator for putaway or picking (Alternatively, you do not put any value in this field)

- Activate storage type search stragegy where you mention how it should search storage type in sequence with the combination of storage type indicator (If you have maintained in material master) or without storage type indicator (Incase not maintained in material master)

Now when you do putaway/picking, then based on this search stratagey system will look for proper storage type.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer Arif,

I accepting every thing what u told, but i want to know, if i created one m/t without maintaining storage type in material master its common to all storage type am i right.....If it is right then how that m/t correctly finds that approipate storage type....Its my question.....(How Material is assigned to the Storage Type......)

From sas.....

Former Member
0 Kudos
if i created one m/t without maintaining storage type in material master its common to all storage type am i right.....If it is right then how that m/t correctly finds that approipate storage type....Its my question.....(How Material is assigned to the Storage Type......)

Storage type determination will be purly based on Storage type indicator in the material master & storage type search strategy defined in the customization.

If you dont maintain storage type indicator in material master then you must need to define search strategy for blank storage type indicator.

If you go to particular help document for storage type search customization node you will find more useful information.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it gets Bin data like when you create storage bin,here you need to assign Material as well Storage type.

Just check the LS03N Transaction.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i expecting some thing more......