cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Proxy?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Q1. Suppose I’m sending some data from SAP to XI using client proxy? I want to know on which system proxy is generated and how this proxy is executed on R/3. Since R/3 is a different physical machine. As I’ve read in a weblog that proxy is generated on XI and there we will create a program by using SE38 of XI. Once this program is executed we need to log-in into R/3 and there we need to execute the program in SE38 of R/3. How this can be achieved since R/3 is a separate system and we are generating the program in SE30 of XI? Is there any mechanism by which we can send a program to R/3.

Q2. What are configurations steps are required when sending the data from XI to R/3. Please specify the TCODES which are required at XI and as well as R/3 side?

Thanks in Advance

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to gernerate the Proxy generation always on the Application System(ie SAP R/3) Only.

In case of the Client proxies we have write the Report program in R/3 only to Initiate the proxy method inorder to send the data from R/3 to XI.

Even though the SAP r/3 and the XI are separate MAchines we are establishing the Connection between them using the process Activating the Proxies.

This establish the Connection bet SAP R/3 and the Integration Server

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Q1. Suppose I’m sending some data from SAP to XI using client proxy? I want to know on which system proxy is generated and how this proxy is executed on R/3. Since R/3 is a different physical machine. As I’ve read in a weblog that proxy is generated on XI and there we will create a program by using SE38 of XI. Once this program is executed we need to log-in into R/3 and there we need to execute the program in SE38 of R/3. How this can be achieved since R/3 is a separate system and we are generating the program in SE30 of XI? Is there any mechanism by which we can send a program to R/3.

1. Proxies can be a server proxy or client proxy. In our scenarios we require proxies to send or upload the data from/into SAP system.

2. One more thing proxies can be used if your WAS ≥ 6.2.

3. Use Tcode SPROXY into R/3 system for proxy use.

4. To send the data from R/3 system we use OUTBOUND PROXY. In Outbound proxy you will simply write an abap code to fetch the data from R/3 tables and then send it to XI. Below is the sample code to send the data from R/3 to XI.

REPORT zblog_abap_proxy.

DATA prxy TYPE REF TO zblogco_proxy_interface_ob.

CREATE OBJECT prxy.

DATA it TYPE zblogemp_profile_msg.

TRY.

it-emp_profile_msg-emp_name = 'Sarvesh'.

it-emp_profile_msg-empno = '01212'.

it-emp_profile_msg-DEPARTMENT_NAME = 'NetWeaver'.

CALL METHOD prxy->execute_asynchronous

EXPORTING

output = it.

commit work.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault .

DATA fault TYPE REF TO cx_ai_system_fault .

CREATE OBJECT fault.

WRITE 😕 fault->errortext.

ENDTRY.

Receiver adapter configurations should be done in the integration directory and the necessary sender/receiver binding should be appropriately configured. We need not do any sender adapter configurations as we are using proxies.

5. To receive data into R/3 system we use INBOUND PROXY. In this case data is picked up by XI and send it to R/3 system via XI adapter into proxy class. Inside the inbound proxy we careate an internal table to take the data from XI and then simply by using the ABAP code we update the data inot R/3 table. BAPI can also be used inside the proxy to update the data into r/3.

I hope this will clear few doubts in proxy.

Just go through these links:

How to create proxy.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/555f3c482a7331e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

ABAP Server Proxies (Inbound Proxy)

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

OutBound Proxy (Client Proxy)

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

Outbound Proxy (Client Proxy)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

File to R/3 via ABAP Proxy with good example

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

> Q2. What are configurations steps are required when sending the data from XI to R/3. Please specify the TCODES which are required at XI and as well as R/3 side?

How to Activate Proxy.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Tcode SPROXY in R/3 side only.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Basically proxies are used to avoid the usage of adapter in XI environment.. so, in order to establish a connection in between R/3 system to the XI server we have an option of creating the ABAP Client Proxy which is a Sender side..

for the configuration of Client Proxies..see this blog..

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proxy will not be generated on XI system but on R/3 system. and you will write report using tcode SE38 on R/3 in which call proxy (generated on R/3 system) to send data to XI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u mean in order to create proxy we shud use TCODE SPROXY of R/3 . and same as in Server proxy also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks