Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Applications not opening. In Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are implementing ESS on EP7.0sp9 and ECC6.0.and EA_HR7

I have deployed the ESS BP sucessfully and configured all the SLD ,SSO and JCO .I have logged into the Portal as a ESSUSER.When i click the Employee SelfService tab, i am able to see all the Links in that,But if i click the links in that i am not able to see any of the screens. For Example: I am able to see the Personal data overview page.If i click the link in that like change owndata,address etc i am getting a blank page only. The same thing is happening with all the ESS applications.

If i log into NWA and test i am able to see all the application screens with data.

Please treat as urgent and give me your valuable suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please could you share the solution i.e what steps you have taken to fix it.

Thanks

Sukrut S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I crosschecked the screens,and i found out that the application is getting timed out without fetching the data from R/3.so in the visual administrator i have changed the session time for the Webdynpro .It solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi, how did you change the session time for webdnpro? can you give me little more details on this? Also, how did you test the applicaiton in NWA and which application did you test?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the visual administrator-->services u will find tc/webdynpro... in that u have to change the session timeout parameters to 90.

Login to NWA and check whether the applications are started or stopped.Manually u can start applications from here.once it is started go to webdynpro administration and select the required application and test it by clicking run button.

Note: for testing the application make sure to assign a essuser the required roles to access the NWA and the Webdynpro administration.

thanks

Ravi.S