cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch alert creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I need to create the early watch alert service for 2 systems of development and quality : VSD and VSQ. It is possible or EWA is allowed only for production systems?

In the target systems SDCCN transaction in configured , but in SSM we are not able to put the two systems in the active group of the solution "viesgo", so to be able to generate the early watch like VSP.

Can you help me ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ruediger ,

listening to you soon !

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberta,

EWA in SAP Solution Manager can also be processed for Test, Quality Systems.

The the systems shown in the "Solution Landscape Maintenance" relevant for EWA processing need to have background color GREEN. This indicates, that the systems are part of the solution landscape. For all of these systems, the EWA should have been activated. Scheduled EWA sessions should be visible under Operations >> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert.

EWAs are scheduled for all systems with correspond to the leading role of the Solution Landscape (= Productive, only those systems of logical components in column "Productive" are automatically highlighted with a green background and are EWA got activated.)

You can add further systems via the context menu "Put in Solution ".

Regards.

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you in advance for your help.

Now I putted the two systems in the solution , so I see in the early watch list of the solution the two system with the red flags (regular).

When I try to run the maintenance package job from the sdccn of the systems , it runs but it doesn't create the two classic jobs of the early watch (early watch alert for ssm). The package run but withous result ?

Do you know the problem ?

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Now I putted the two systems in the solution , so I see in the early watch list of the solution the two system with the red flags (regular).

> > When I try to run the maintenance package job from the sdccn of the systems , it runs but it doesn't create the two classic jobs of the early watch (early watch alert for ssm). The package run but withous result ?

Fine, you have completed the first step.

Go to the Satellite Systems and check the following:

• RFC Destination (default name: SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_BACK ) to SAP Solution Manager exists and is functional.

• Transaction SDCCN (Service Data Control Center) must have been activated. Maintenance Package runs daily. (

• RFC Destination (default name: SM_<SID>CLNT<client>_BACK ) is assigned in SDCCN: Goto -> Settings -> Task-Specific -> Session Data Collection -> RFC Destinations -> Settings.

Afterwards schedule the "Maintenance Package" once and start it manually.

Best regards,

Ruediger