cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force currency in PO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

SRM 4.0, backend ECC 6.0. Extended classic scenario.

I need information from other wise men, thus I turn to this forum.

I have several situations where my SC is created in 1 currency, but on PO creation the PO is switched to another currency, because the vendor might have different currencies depending on purchasing organization. I have raised an OSS because I really didn't believe that this could be standard, but it is I am affraid. Now, if i want to force the SC currency through to the PO creation, where would you do that? Surely there must be a BAdI where this could be maintained, and I am thinking about the BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK or related. In my system I cannot rely on the currency determination of the standard system, so I really need some kind of manual forcing of the currency!

Thanks for valuable input.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

There are quite a few OSS notes available for your problem.

Please have a look at them to get a better understanding of the issue and may help you in resolving your issue.

Note 658818 - Incorrect currency translation when creating purchase order

Note 547723 - Incorrect price conversion for different currency

Note 805675 - Conversion error in the shopping cart

Note 637514 - Limit: Incorrect price conversion with alternative currency

Note 640166 - Incorrect price conversion for purchase order with contract

Hope the above OSS notes will help you in resolving your issue.

Also check for some BADI (doc check or doc change BADI)implementation and the currency conversions that you have maintained in SPRO.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information. However, this is not what I am looking for.

As already mentioned I have already raised an OSS message with the problem to SAP, and they told me that this was standard SRM behaviour.

Let me explain even more thoroughly (and technically).

The SC is in currency USD. The vendor is maintained for several different pur orgs in backend and in SRM - different currencies. When the SC is approved, this will trigger the BBP_REQREQ_TRANSFER - in here the pur org is 425, which already here is incorrect. When creating the PO this pur org is used to find the org unit, that again is used to look into BP to see the currency of this org unit (pur org). However, the SRM determines this pur org incorrectly to begin with, EVEN THOUGH the correct org units are mentioned within the BBP_PD of the shopping cart, so the data are OK. I have a BAdI later on that modifies the pur org to be correct, so I end up with the correct org data in the backend/SRM but the currency being used is taken from the incorrect pur org.

So - which tools would I use to force the SC currency and pur org mentioned in BBP_PD to check this currency?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

Have you found a solution to your problem? We're also interested in knowing if there's a way to force the SC currency to create a po in the backend w/o regards to the vendor's default currency.

Regards,

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SN.

No - not a solution yet. This type of behaviour really doesn't make any sense to me. Why would someone create a SC in a currency and then be happy that it gets overwritten by the vendors default? Really makes no sense at all. There is a reason why people in the SC choose the currency, meaning that they expect the PO to also be in this currency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Just to let you know I found a solution to this.

I raised an OSS message and was informed that the behaviour is standard. This actually means, that SRM standard is that the currency determination does not take the pur org and pur group in the SC in BBP_PD into account when determining which currency should be used. Therefore SAP could not help me with this.

My solution is to modify the BAdI BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI. This is where the parameters are passed from SRM to ERP, meaning that if you want to change the currency before the BAPI calls in the backend, this is the BAdI to use.

I have then made my codings and made sure that the currency is forced to the backend dependant on the purchasing organization. In my world the currency in the backend purchase order should be the same as the currency chosen in the shopping cart, so the ideal solution would be to use this BAdI to read the currency from the SC and then pass this value on.

Any idea as to how I can read the shopping cart from within this BAdI - I am sure there is a function module for this?