cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

i would need your suggestion, if i have cancelled an invoice document and for which accounting dcoument is not posted because document is blocked for posting to accounting. so can the original invoice and accounting documents are considered as valid documents?

but order status is open so do i need to create invoice again?

please suggest me

TIA

KOGI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u said the accounting document is not been created with reference to invoice document, there will be no posting into GL accounts. Hence when u cancel the invoice docment, there is no need of reversing the accounting entries. If an accounting document was created in FI, then before u cancel the invoice document, u need to reverse the accounting document in FI.

When u cancel the invoice document, the sales order status is open.

U can now create the invoice docoument once again for the same sales order.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes u need to create a new invoice for that doc.

as the original one is cancelled hence its values will no longer be used.

The reason is u may have cancelled a invoice if we wanna change say something in billing after u have created the invoice thats why we cancel the invoice and then we can do the changes required and then create a new one and then the new invoice can be posted to a/cing.

Hope this helps or revert

Reward if heps

Rgds

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still sure that the cancelled invoice is not fully cancelled. It is cancelled only on sales side, but not on FI side. So you can see the open item for this invoice in FBL5N. When there is already an open item fo rthis invoice, why should we create another invoice.

Lets say there is an order for Rs100 and hence an invoice for Rs.100. and an accounting document of Rs100 Now I cancelled this invoice, however the invoice was cancelled from SD side, without creating accounting document. Now invoice of Rs100 stands cancelled, but the accounting documnet is not yet cancelled. So in FI there is an account receivable of Rs100 from this customer.

Now because the order is open order, we create anothe rinvoice and another accounting document. Now this accounting document adds another Rs100 to the account receivable for this customer.

So now if somebody takes a report from FBL5N, he will see a receivable of Rs200 from this customer, though the original amount is only Rs100

Thats why, he has to first post the cancelled invoice adn then create invoice.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha Krishnan

As per kogi's comments "accounting dcoument is not posted because document is blocked for posting to accounting", you can see that for the cancelled invoice, accounting document has not been generated.

So in that case, the value has not been passed on to FI and he has to create one more invoice and release it to accounting.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Navaneeta,

What i can make out is that when we cancel a invoice and if the a/cing doc. was generated then after cancellation not only the inv. is cancelled but also the a/cing enteries in FI are reversed.

Then we can make the changes we want and create a new invoice and then that amount will reflect in FI as that is the purpose of the cancellation of invoice.

any suggestions r welcome.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

what i need is invoice was cancelled mistakenly and for which accounting entries are not reversed due to blocking.

so can the original inovoice is considered as a valid document or not? this is my concern.

please suggest

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear kogi

Only when you released the billing document to FI and then reverse, you need to check whether the respective value is also reversed correctly. In your case, since there is a posting block and accounting document has not been generated, your version "accounting entries are not reversed" is wrong.

You need to create a fresh invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the a/cing entries r not getting reversed after cancellation then plz chk with ur FI guys on the same as we can block posting to a/cing if we want but i dont think that we can block the reversal during cancellation.

Now in ur case u have to do it manually the revrse entries in F-02 or else when u create a new invoice it will show the double amt. in FI.

If helps Reward

Rgds

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My understanding of the query is like this. Please let me know if there is any difference in understanding.

Sales order created

Invoice created----

Accounting document created

Invoice cancelled-----Account document not created

Now he wants to create another invoice because sales order is open.

I hope others' understanding is like this.

Sales order created

Invoice created----

Accounting document not created

Invoice cancelled-----Account document not created

So,

if my understanding is right, I think what I have said is still true

If the other set of processes is correct, then I am also on your side, that an invoice can be created now.

Can Sudeep confirm w hich of these scenarios is correct as per your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi navneet,

as you said below bold matter is correct.

Sales order created

Invoice created----

Accounting document created*

Invoice cancelled-----Account document not created*

Now he wants to create another invoice because sales order is open---> i just want to check this case

if accounting entries are still open so with the original invoice and accounting document can customer pay to the company??? or so do i again need to create a new invocie because order status is open

please suggest

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now you can update further on this. What can we do now.

i stick to what i said earlier for this case. We need to post the cancelled doc also , then we can create invoice for SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i found in doc. flow when i ran the scenario was:

Order xxxx - Completed

Dely xxxx - Being Processed

Picking xxxx - Completed

PGI xxxx - Completed

Invoice xxxx - Completed

A/cing Doc. xxxx - Cleared

Cancel Inv. xxxx - Completed

A/cing Doc. xxxx - Cleared

This shows that as soon as we create the Inv. as well as the Cancellation the A/cing Doc. is created automatically.

The 1st a/cing doc. is the std. one and the 2nd is the one that does the reverse entries as all amounts become (-).

Now as per Kogis Case if the a/cing doc was not created when the inv. was cancelled then as i told he has to check with FI guys the reason for the same.

as in his case to when a invoice was craeted then the A/cing doc. must have been created automatically.

Also check if in customization of S1 billing type may be the "Posting Block" field is checked if yes unchek the same.

Now what he has to do is he has to reverse the posting for the cancellation invoice in FI.

Then when he creates a new invoice only that amount will refelct in FI.

hope it will solve the issue

and as always suggestions are welcome

Rgds

Edited by: Sudeep Mundada on Mar 19, 2008 12:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha

my team is caught in a similiar issue

The acct entries have not been posted for the canceleld invoice , the sales team however has gone ahead and made , one more invoice leading to two fi entries of entries .

Presently we are not able to post because of the cancelled invoice was created in the past

pls suggest

thanks

Anila

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The postings on the original invoice are still open. You can also see that in FBL5N.

Please dont create another invoice for the sales order, though it is open. It is open because the invoice is reversed on the sales side. But remember that it is reversed only on the sales side. On the FI side, there is already a posting available. If you create another invoice, then it will bedouble posting.

So please create teh posting for the cancellation document. Then create the new invoice for the open order.

Hope thsi helps.

You can reward if this is beneficial to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

once reversed, the old accounting document is not longer valid. you can reuse the old invoice and post the accounting document again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyaway you have cancelled that billing document. So you need to create new invoice with reference to the Order / Delivery.

Prase