cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order to production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert ,

Can you help me, to point out what are the configuration requirement to generate the production order automatically while saving the sales order.

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to ensure that the right requirements are determined. You can do this either by determining reuirements for the transaction, for the MRP Group or in the most simple case by changing the strategy group on MRP3 to be one that will generate a production order. One way of determining what to do is to drill down to get to the customizing (MM03 MRP3 tab) - from strategy group you determine the planning strategy, then the main strategy, then the reuirement, the the type and finally the class - transactions for these are:

OVZG - maintain requirement so that you specify a production order type

OVZH - Allocate requirements class to type

Using the strategy group is not the best way of doing this, you should determine requirements by transaction, but once you understand the easy method, then you can progress onto that!

Note that this type of config is not for the feint-hearted and needs to be thoroughly understood before starting out!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also dont think it is possible to create production order directly from sales order through standard SAP.

However you can create production order if you want during the creation of sales order, by means of IDOCs.

You can create an output type as IDOC, and trigger this output type during the sales order creation.

You have to find out the right IDOC type, message type, partner profile etc needed to create a production order. You can get these details if you talk to some PP consultant.

Once you do this, you can talk to your developer to code for the creation of production order by fetching some details from sales order through IDOCs.

If you talk to your developer on this, he should be able to help you on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think we can do that... rather you can create a pur requisition automatically and with ref to that you can genrate a planned order and then production order.......

Regards

bugs