Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

all

In a project where Variant Configuration is used, I need to exclude some characteristic values from specific customers (say, Customer A cannot buy material Z if he wants its colour characteristic to be Black). It seems that I cannot achieve this by the standard Exclusion function. Creating a new exclusion table with Variant as a field is not possible; it is not among the fields allowed for listing/exclusion (It also cannot be added since it is neither in KOMGG, KOMKG, nor KOMPG – or is there a way to go around that error?).

How can such functionality be met? Is it possible in SD, or does it necessitate the reliance on PP dependencies, or anything other than that?

Thank you very much in advance.

regards,

balaji.t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

generally this type of characteristic difference is defined in SAP by splitting the material number and defining a new material with its characters.

e.g. a black ford ikon will have 123 as material number

a white ford ikonn will have 124 as material number

this way you can assign the particular black model material number in the exclusion indicator.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

In Variant Configuration, you can exclude a particular customer from placing an order for a particular value of a Characteristic through Dependencies.

Dependencies let you do the following:

1. Describe the interdependencies between the characteristics and characteristic values.

2. Controls which componentsare selected from a BOM

The dependency types used in Variant Configuration are:

A. Preconditions.

B.Selection condition

C.Actions

D.Procedures

E.Constraints

Regards,

Sudarshan

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I think it is possible even by creating a Z table mapping the features which are incompatible.

for eg, you can create a table containing customer number, characteristic name and the value of characteristic which should be made available to the customer. Then you can code in the relevant user exit to prevent the sales of any combination made in this table.

There is a second way.

Create a characteristic called customer and make it a reference characteristic from VBAK-KUNNR. So this characteristic will always have customer number as the value.

Now you will have colour as another characteristic having values like RED, BLACK, GREEN etc.

Now you can create a dependency saying that the Colour can have black only if Customer is not A.

I am giving only an example. Have this as the base and you can develop on this.

If you need some help on this, please let me know.

You can reward me if this helps you