Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Configuration and Hierarchy Grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

we're using NW04s SP13 and have the following Problem:

We created a Device Configuration including a mobile Component (XMAM3, Version 3.0400). This Device Configuration is assigned to a Hierarchy Group.

The Application is downloaded to the Devices of the assigned users correctly by performing the synchronization.

But when we replace the Application in the Device Configuration by another (customer-developed) one (XMAM30, Version 9.0000) nothing happens on the mobile Device.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I thought the application could not be removed from the device configuration as long as it is in use on a mobile client. When we have to replace the XMAM with a new custom version, we copy the device configuration, replace the XMAM component with the higher version and put the new device configuration in the hierarchy.

This works. Only the newly added component XMAM is updated, DB2E etc is not touched.

This works fine.

Could you replace the XMAM component with no problems in the used device configuration?

What do you see in the netweaver mobile administrator for the mobile client on tab components and device configuration. Did it get the new version?

Rgds,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeroen,

many thanks for your reply. Your suggestion solved my problem. I copied the Device Configuration, replaced the component and everything was fine

Regarding your questions:

Could you replace the XMAM component with no problems in the used device configuration?

->Yes, no problems or warnings

What do you see in the netweaver mobile administrator for the mobile client on tab components and device configuration. Did it get the new version?

-> Yes, the new Version was displayed

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards, Stefan

Answers (0)