cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take backup of transport request to a cd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

How can we take the backup of transport requests for eg Program name is ZQAS_XXX_XXX and transport request SIDK902343. Please let me know the step by step process to take the backup of the transport request to a CD.

Is it just by coping the corresponding files with same name as transport request in /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles ?

Please let me know the step by step process.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

Yes, you can take a copy of the cofile and the data file.

Cofile will be K<number>.sid and datafile is R<number>.sid

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan

Thank you for your reply

The question is to take the backup of those transport request does we need to just copy corresponding Cofile and datafile only? does we need to do anything else or any other steps should be done?

Please explain the steps in detail

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a copy...

To upload in the target system drop the copied files into the target system data and cofile folders respectively and then go to STMS -> extras -> Other requests -> Add -> K<sid><number>

That should be it.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much reyes

So I will copy the corresponding datafile and cofile of the transport request from /usr/sap/trans/cofile and /usr/sap/trans/data and copy that to a cd. I hope this will be enough to take the backup from source system.

And for uploading that transport request to target system, I will do as you said.

Thank you for the help .

Answers (0)