Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i set up material determination using VB11. my set as follow:

1. material entered is 8102. it should be replaced automatically by 1101.

2. if 1101 runs out, it should be replaced by 1101x.

the results of my test were as follow:

1. when i enter 1,000,000 units of 8102 in the sales order, the expected results should have been 157,000 of 1101 and 9,843,000 units of 1101x.

2. i entered 1,000,000 units of 8102, and it is replaced only by 1,000,000 of 1101 (confirmed order 157,000 which is the inventory)

3. i tried to change MRP back and forth between PD and ND. i also tried to change the availability check from 01 to 02 to CH (batch)

4. i also tried putting MRP indicators in the material determination condition record but i am not successful.

will appreciate your help if there was something i missed.

regards and thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Your record should be as follows,

Material entered Material replaced

8102 1101

1101x MRP tick

The sub. reason stratergy blank and outcome as B.

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Pramod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

According to my experience at my client, material substitution doesn't work looking at availability of the stock for a material.

Hence if u have setup mat sub for X --> Y then during order creation this will be triggered .Same is the case at VA02.

Now the requirement you have is to link AC, stock levels check and then change the line item on the order. This will surely call for a user exit changes at order level.

We have implemented a similar type of function which will look for alternate plant for stock and will source the remaining from that plant if needed.

Hence for ur requirement you will define below tables

Table 1 : Material - Max stock, mim stock , safety stock, eligible for this functionality, SD related fields e.g sales org, cust grp, sales dist

Table 2 : MARD / MKOL to check the current stock levels.

Logic will go as below

1. Is stock X can fulfill order. If yes complete at X exit.

2. If no, then check by how much this is less and add a new line item 20 with remaining qty.

3. Check stock Y is more than order line item If yes good exit.

4. If no create new item of Z.

The table 1 can be useful to define the step 2 and further is allowed or not using eligible field. Secondly the checks can also consider product allocation if it is used.

Reward if helpful

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

Sandeep, that is indeed very interesting and i will keep your idea.

but we have successfully done this before in the past (2 years ago) without using user exits. i am sure this had something to do with availability check and MRP settings, together with the set up of the material determination condition record.

however, i will still keep trying. pardon me for coming in and slipping out erratically. checking the data for the last 3 days without sleep after Going Live can do strange things to you.

i will definitely be back and will reward!

thanks and regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again!

i got it!

thanks for the direction, pramod. but i did it a little differently in that i used a substitution reason with 'B' in outcome using t-code OVRQ.

thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto VB12 and check the MRP indictor for the alternative materials and try....

Menu Bar -> Go to -> Alternative Materials or select the line and press F2 and tick the MRP indicator and try......

This will solve

Reward if helpful...

Regards

Bugs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for your prob please refere the special case in material determination via the foll link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/dd/55f71f545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

regards,

Siddharth.