cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create in different client or different instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Below is the situation:

I need to setup the DEV (Development), QUA (Quality) and PRO (Production) in the same server.

Question:

Q1)Will it be advisable if i place them in different clients such as 100 for DEV, 200 for QUA and 300 for PRO?

Q2)Or, is it better if I were to create a different instance for them? For example, 1 central instance for DEV, 1 for QUA and another for PRO.

Reason:

This is because, as from my understanding, workbench object is client independent. Thus any changes that we did in DEV might as well affect QUA and PRO if we choose to create them in different client. So will creating a different instance for them avoids this type of problem?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

You are right!

What i suggest is you try to have at lease 2 servers(or LPAR's if you are on IBM e server), install DEV, QAS instances on one server and keep PRD on seperate server.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the replies. Points have been awarded.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Use three different boxes, You should never make your developement and prd system the same.

You can also use two system landscape here like you can make dev and qas on one system and a seperate box for porduction system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You are right!

You will have to install three different SAP instances

( eg: DEV, QUA & PRD. ) on your server.

All client numbers can be same or different, it's your choice

eg:

client 100 in DEV, client 100 in QUA & client 100 in PRD

or

client 100 in DEV, client 200 in QUA & client 300 in PRD

Regards,