Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adpater Specific Attribute Message

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing IDoc->XI -> file Scenario. I sending material master data to a third party. At the target side i need to create a file name of this type "Material + MATNR+Timestamp.txt". In that file name "Material" is always constant and "MATNR" is dynamic, it will be fetched from payload and timestamp is also dynamic. How can i create this kind of file name at target side.

I know i have to use "Adpater Specific Attribute Message" but i dont know hw to do this. If some body know this please help out.

Thanks in Advance,

Venky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

This can be achieved by declaring the variable and assigning the value from the payload in the following way.

For eg:

Target Directory: /SYS/

File Name Scheme: Material%MATNR%.txt

Enable the Variable Substitution and define the variable name with its reference as follows

Variable Name Reference

MATNR payload:<messageType>,1,Record,1,MATNR,1

Understand that 1 is its occurence in the message.

Let me know if you have any issues. Also go through the below link

[Variable Substitution|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/6a316af5a23672e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Yugandhar

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar Kotha ,

It is giving the following error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variable was not found in the message payload: MATNR: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: Error during variable substitution: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.varsubst.VariableDataSourceException: The following variable was not found in the message payload: MATNR

In variable substitution table i gave

MATNR payload:ZMAT_MN,1,IDOC,1,E1MARAM,1,MATNR,1

Below i am sending the XSD structure please provide the payload path

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<xsd:element name="ZMAT_MN">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="IDOC" type="ZMATMAS.MATMAS05.ZMAT_MN" />

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:element>

<xsd:complexType name="ZMAT_MN.E1MARAM">

<xsd:annotation>

<xsd:documentation>

Master material general data (MARA)

</xsd:documentation>

</xsd:annotation>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="MSGFN" minOccurs="0">

Function

<xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">

<xsd:maxLength value="3" />

</xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:element name="MATNR" minOccurs="0">

Material Number

<xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">

<xsd:maxLength value="18" />

</xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:element name="ERSDA" minOccurs="0">

Thanks,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Please check the point number 6 in the help link i have provided earlier and let me know if you have any issues still.

Kindly award points.

Regards,

Yugandhar

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar Kotha ,

I have one doubt, Which payload path i need to give. is it Source path or receiver path

The path wat i posted in the thread is source path. Plz suggest

Thanks,

venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

The file path to be mentioned is on the receiver(target) message type .

Let me know if you still have any issues. Kindly award the points for the answers provided.

Regards,

Yugandhar

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar Kotha ,

I gave receiver payload path. still iam getting the following error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error during variable substitution: java.text.ParseException: Variable 'mpn' not found in variable substitution table: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: Error during variable substitution: java.text.ParseException: Variable 'mpn' not found in variable substitution table.

in the advanced tab Enable is checked

Variable name Refrence

MPN payload:MT_MAT_EXT_MN,1,MaterialMaster,1,MPN,1

In file name schema i gave this file name MATERIAL_%MPN%.TXT

Please let me knw wat else i hv to do. I wll reward points once it is resolved

Thanks,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Variable name Refrence

MPN payload:MT_MAT_EXT_MN,1,MaterialMaster,1,MPN,1

The first error in the above is you should use only lower cases in the variable name, so use mpn at both the file name and also in the Variable table substitution.

secondly cehck do u have the elements MaterialMaster inside the MT_MAT_EXT_MN xml node and also MPN node in the MaterialMaster node.

Let me know if you have any issues, i think by doing the above u should be able to resolve this issue.

Regards

Yugandhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>> know i have to use "Adpater Specific Attribute Message" but i dont know hw to do this. If some body know this please help out

Some adapters support specific message attributes, which contain additional information about messages. This information is not located in the payload of the message, but in additional message header fields.

Every adapter has a defined set of attributes, which are described individually as part of the configuration for each of the adapters.

These attributes can be accessed in routing and mapping by using the attribute namespace and the technical name of the attribute. The attribute namespace comprises the namespace in the Integration Repository in which the adapter metadata for the adapter is saved and the name of the adapter metadata object.

The adapter namespaces for the adapters shipped by SAP therefore have the following format:

http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/<Adapter Metadata Object Name of Adapter>

The SAP adapter metadata objects are located in the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System of software component SAP BASIS.

refer link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/09b16006526e72e10000000a422035/content.htm for more details.

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these

Using Variable substitution

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/04/27/sap-netweaver-xi-variable-substitution-with-adapter-specific-message-attributes-via-dynamicconfigurationbean

Using ASMA

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Variable substitution instead of adapter specific message attributes

Regards,

Prateek