Did you mean: 

problems with DropDownByIndex !

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have multiple records in a table.

one of the column is DropDownByIndex .

Conside 1st row of a table

I select one value say"A" by using DropDownByIndex.

Conside 2st row of a table

I select one value say"B" by using DropDownByIndex.

Now as soon as i select "B" first row also reflect "B" whereas it should reflect "A".

With Regards

Kamlesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello kamlesh,

The problem is that you are using same node (TableData) for table data (as datasource) and for data for drop down. DropDownByIndex is using lead selection of node which contains mapped attribute for text for storing selection. And table also using lead selection.

1) You are clicking on drop down in table (1st row is selected). Choosing some value from dropdown. Lead selection of TableData node is changed.

2) You are selecting 2nd row. Lead selection of TableData node is changed to second node element. And it affects drop down - selected element now is second one.

Workarounds:

1) use subnode (DropDownData) for data source node (TableData) which should be non-singleton (to have separate lead selection). But you have than to initialize this sub node with node elements for every node element in parent node because of non-singleton property.

2) use DropDownByKey :-). I think it is more suitable for dropDowns in tables.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If he wants different list entries per table row, he must use DropDownByIndex (with non-singleton subnode as described).

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh,

Its not just the individual rows but the whole table which is binded to a node.

So your change in one row will be reflected in other rows.

This is avoided when your node is mapped to a local dictionary and not to a Bapi output node.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meesum,

My DropDownByIndex is mapped to a local dictionary and not to a Bapi output node, but still its not working.

Regards

kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case u r using a local dictionary, u got to use DropDown by key.