cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIle Upload.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have used FileUplad in my application and it works fine. But i want to know during uploading of file where exactly it stores the file (which buffer area)? And is it possible to attach the same document with the table control on different screen? Share your ideas.....

Thanks,

Ravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravin,

when u upload the file,file data will be stored in a attribute which u have binded to data property of the

FileUpload. And data format will be in xstring format

Regards,

janakiram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, as data-file is binded to data property of fileupload then how to retieve that same file? I think, there should be some buffer area behind it and how to bind the same file with table?

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravin,

the "buffer" is the context attribute of type xstring which the data attribute binds to. If you bind the filename attribute to

context (to a different context attribute), it will contain the filename of the uploaded file. Same with the other attributes.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravin,

I guess this blog takes you through the end to end scenario, makes u understand the process of binding the fields for uploading an offline form..

Regards,

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i know it but still my second one is pending that can i able to attach same uploaded file with the table control which exist on another form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravin,

Is your requirement something similar to the blog mentioned as under..:--

/people/amit.rai4/blog/2008/02/01/demystifying-attachments-with-sap-interactive-forms

this blog takes u through the procss of attaching various attachments to ur form.

Regards,

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks amita for your support as my requirement is same but i'm using WD abap not WD java....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravin,

I was reading your discussion and thought that you could help me. I am using ABAP Web dynpro and am trying to attach document to the form.

I used fileupload UI element. I created a node in the context attachment with an attribute of type xtring. I bound the UI element to this.

Am doing it the right way? and also how will we be able to view this attachment?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

SIta

Answers (0)