IDES ...how far is it True.

Thank you in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

There are 2 way's to transport a request, one is from application using STMS Tcode another one is from Operating System(OS) Level This you can perform by commandslike >tp add to buffer > tp import

Just go to command and type >tp ? you will get all the commands..

When it comes to IDES, yes you can import requests to this system. I remember very well we used to import some tp's manually(By OS) to IDES server.

Regards,

Hari.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... to add to vamish post...

Theres a third type of request and is LOCAL request... this type of request is meant for local changes and do not produce a physical data and cofile, basically is not transportable.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manju,

Goto transaction SE09 there u can create request

Workbench or customizing then in the same u can able to see the request by clicking the display button

while u wanna tranport the request from client to client in the same instance u have to go to tcode se11 and there u can import ur request

i hope this will be useful !

reward points welocme

regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There will be two type of transport request one is customizing which is client dependent,the other is workbech which is client independent. You can perform transport using 'STMS'. Prior you have to release the task and its request in se09or se10.

Then trasport it using STMS.Before doing this you have to configure STMS by transport routes and layer.

You can try configuring the stms and try transporting customizing request in your ides system.

Basically we transport a request from dev to qas or prd as in prd mostly we set the client or system as non modifable.

Regards,

Vamshi.