cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The output become "#" for polish words

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I`ve few problems happen when i deal with polish words in smartforms. The problem are :

1. When i print preview for my smartforms that inside have polish words, such as Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń Ó Ś Ź Ż..it display no problem. but when I print it to the printer. all the polish words become "#". Does anyone ever have same problem? Please kindly help me to fix that.

2. I noticed in the smartforms, we can`t use font Helve for polish words. Is that true? because I`ve tried to use the Helve font, and when i print preview my smartforms, it shows "#". so the solution for now, I`m using font "Courier". Please kindly help me to confirm whether i`m in the correct lane or not.

thks a lot and really need helps from all,

willy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bro,

Try using HELVI7 font or change codepage to 1401.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willy ,

However it is a old post, but still i am hoping help or hint from you. i am facing same issue .

while print preview fonts comes in correct way , but on print on PDF few polish fonts not display in original way.

can you please suggest. my current printer settings are as below

Device Attributes:

Device Type = PDF1 :PDF ISO Latin-1 4.6D+

Device Class = Standard Printer

Auth Group = NONE

Model = Leave Blank

Location = Leave Blank

Access method:

Host Spool access method = F: Printing on front-end computer

Host Printer = _Default

Output Attributes:

Check "Process requests sequentially"

"Pass copy counter to host spool system"

Print Mode = Default

Paper Tray = Default Tray

Br

GYan

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are other PDF device types. Search the SAP notes too.

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gyan,

I think you are using incorrect printer code page, namely Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1). This one is used for Western European countries and Poland (where I come from:) ) belongs to Central European countires. For them Latin-2 is used (ISO-8859-2).

Once you change it, you should get polish letters displayed correctly.

Regards

Marcin

maciej_domagaa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using device type I2PDF (see note 317851). But see also note 141343.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willy,

Please consult your Functional person. This is not a development issue. Ask him the same thing . He will give you the printer name.

I have faced the same problem . You need to change printer name then it will be done.

Regards

Chitrakant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is due to the printer you used in print preview. Use the Printer for that country instead of LOCL it will display correctly in print preiview.

Thanks ,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willy,

What happend, are you able to see the special characters now with the correct printer used for that country?

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willy,

Please check with ur basis team which font needs to be used for Polish language and then inform them to configure tht font to the printer in which u r trying to take the print out.

See for chinese we use DBmincho font and tht has been configured to printer also. Similarly thr should be some font for polish, as sometimes courier won't work.

Thanks

Arun Kumar. S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. Can you please let me know if this issue was resolved and if so, how? Thanks.

Shivram.