cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Configuration for DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to configure the vault without DVA on a network server after refering to one of the SAP Note.

Please let me know if I am on the right way.

1) Defined the Define data carrier type "server, front end" as PC.

2) Defined Define servers and files or folders as Server1

3) Defined Identify frontend computers as Default, PC

4) Defined Define mount points / logical drive as Data Carrier:_Sever1_, Type: PC, Prefix for Access path:_ network path for the server_.

Saved the above settings.

Now when I create the DIR, I use the Data Carrier as Server1 and in the Original I can access the documents on the Server1 which I need to add in the DIR.

-

Questions:

1) When I add the original doc on the DIR its not checked in (lock symbol not closed). But If I click on the display I can see the original file. Does the doc really need to be checked in inside the vault or its a link to the file only?

2) What are the configs related to DVA (Direct Vault Access)?

3) Advantage between DVA and Non DVA

4) Can I mantain the versions and other DMS functionality if I use Vault?

Would really appreciate if I can get any config materials for the vault on my email id: saplogster@gmail.com

Points Awaiting for all good answers!!

Thanks,

Paddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer :

1) if it is not checked in. You can access original file in local PC where you have created it. but it can not be viewed in other systems. Hence check-in is must.

2) Configuring DVA :

Define : User & Password of DVA in Maintain Global setting

Defing Vault in Define data carrier

3) Advantages of DVA :

SAP recommends this method known as DVA (Direct Vault Access), because it is better for system performance reasons

4) i think yes

But when you use CAD Desktop Vault is not supported. Hence you need to install content server (KPRO) for storing original application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your answers. Points awarded.

Am I correct to say that

1) I need to configure the DVA first. By mantaining the global settings.

2) Configure the Data Carrier for the vault.

3) Should I still required to mantain the "mount" in the data carrier ?

4) I have to check in the doc in the defined vault which I have created for others to view in the doc.

-

Questions:

1) How are we going to manage if we have more than one file server on the network?

2) Should I be creating multilple data carrier type for the vault for different servers?

3) I have heared that only 2 originals could be attached to an DIR with vault arrangement?

4) What are the other disadvantages with vault?

Thanks,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) How are we going to manage if we have more than one file server on the network?

Create Multiple data carrier type for the vault

2) Should I be creating multilple data carrier type for the vault for different servers?

Yes

3) I have heared that only 2 originals could be attached to an DIR with vault arrangement?

I Think Yes

4) What are the other disadvantages with vault?

CAD Desktop not supported

Performance issues

Only 2 files can be stored but in case of KPRO storage in single DIR is unlimited

Edited by: Srinivasan V S on Mar 24, 2008 1:32 PM

Answers (0)