Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find user ids based on authori object & values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to find User master records based on

Authorization object - M_EINK_FRG ( realease strategy for tocde ME28 - MM)

values -

code --VP

GRP - 01

I found some time before with Tcode SUIM using trail and error method.

I am trying it again but not possible. is there any easy method or report to pull out this info.

Thanks

Satheesh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to get it by going to SUIM --> Users by complex selection criteria --> by Authorizations and then put in the Object name (M_EINK_FRG).

What error is it giving you ?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I am getting list of users, but in the next screen if i expand the sub tree and search for the Auth object and values.

there is no where i found the value given in selection screen against the auth object.

I can not trust the search method or transaction

Can any one help?

Satheesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh,

SUIM gets the data from many tables and is the best solution for searching an user based on the authorization object.

You will find the auth object in SUIM.

SUIM->User->Users by complex selection criteria>by authorizations>Auth Object->execute->select a user>click on selectively expand the tree--->execute based on auth obj.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Thanks rakesh,

The way you explained will bring the auth object & values only for that USER selected.

So i don't think that is a smart way to find the data.

Satheesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Use RSUSR002 and give the search criteria. You will get all users,if you go for details you will only see their profiles.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run into having to pull release code assignments fairly often, and have found it it useful to setup a quick and dirty query in SQ01 to provide a simple and repeatable list. I just use this to provide current user assignments to the business. The roles containing the release codes all follow a simple naming convention and I can use the SUIM reports in a variety of way too of course.

0 Kudos

thanks

that could be good idea, can let me know what are the tables involved in this query to get USER master ( user id) based on authorization object & values.

Satheesh